Fan controller for 10+ fans???

JWD1989

Weaksauce
Is there a fan controller out there that can control up to 12fans? Just an explanation of where I am getting these seemingly ridiculous numbers is below:

Push/Pull triple rad setup - 6 fans
Pull double rad setup - 2 fans
Case intake/exhaust fans - 4 fans

An option would be using two single-bay 6 fan controllers but I'd rather have it on one interface. Lemme know if you guys have heard of anything.

Thanks

Sunbeam 4 channel 20 watt per channel fan controller. It can easily handle at least 5 fans per channel unless you're running crazy 3000+ RPM fans. And it's only around $15.

Sunbeam 4 channel 20 watt per channel fan controller. It can easily handle at least 5 fans per channel unless you're running crazy 3000+ RPM fans. And it's only around $15.

Are you talking about this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811995011

My only concern would be if this is a 20 watt total or 20 watt per channel.

The fans I will be running are:
6 - 120mm @1900rpm
2 - 140mm @1500rpm
and a few more sizes running at various speeds.

I calculated the total wattage to be about 35 watts with them running at idle speeds and 52 at full load speeds (some will of course vary depending if I stay with the current setup)

Oh nice, and I do like it in black better since it'll definitely flow better with my case. Thanks for the find Zepher, ordered one :)

Let us know how it works for you. I might get one as well in the near future.

I actually had that fan controller at one point. The only complaint I had was that the LED's are unusually bright. Other than that, it's a really good fan controller, you can tell by the massive (relatively) heatsinks on it. It is 20 watts per channel, as I stated in my previous post, which translates to 80 watts of total power available.

Unusually bright is an understatement ^^
I clicked on this thread with one purpose: to warn all who enter that the LED's on the Sunbeam Rheobus fan controllers are unimaginably bright. I had to tape a shoe box lid over the front of my computer case so I could continue function as a human in the presence of these LED's.

Beware :eek:

Do you know if the LEDs were surface mount or through-holes? It could be as simple as desoldering/soldering new ones in

The LED's are through holes, they're actual bulbs with leads soldered to the bottom PCB, which are then bent and pushed through the holes in the front faceplate. I've seen some people just push the LED's out of their holes to get rid of the light. It should be very simple to replace them if you were inclined to do so.

Back