Famed USS Enterprise Takes Its Final Voyage

No.jpg

Get that crap off of there.

Wow...geek failure. I don't even recognize that one, or the one on the top left.

Starting from the top right, going clock wise:
S.S. Enterprise (Star Trek: The Motion Picture)
Enterprise NX-01 (Star Trek: Enterprise)
U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 (TOS)
U.S.S. Enterpise NCC-1701 Refite or -A (movies I-VI)
U.S.S. Enterpise NCC-1701-B (Star Trek: Generations)
U.S.S. Enterpise NCC-1701-C (Star Trek: The Next Generations "Yesterday's Enterprise")
U.S.S. Enterpise NCC-1701-D (Star Trek: The Next Generations)
U.S.S. Enterpise NCC-1701-E (Star Trek: The Next Generations Movies VIII-IX)
U.S.S. Enterpise NCC-1701-J (Star Trek: Enterprise)

As for the Navy ships, I'll let someone else fill those in.

Missing are the:
U.S.S. Enterpise NCC-1701-D Refit or Dreadnought or Galaxy X (Star Trek: The Next Generations "All Good Things")
U.S.S. Enterpise NCC-1701-F (Star Trek: Online)

They need to make her into a museum and dock her near Palmdale, California ... then take the Enterprise shuttle away from NY and put it on her deck where it belongs.

Lies!

I thought it was pretty good Scott Bakula Pwns

TOS: Goofy, but the first of its kind, and this still lovably goofy and good. By the time the motion picture came around, production quality and writing and *gasp* even acting started to be pretty decent.

TNG: Early seasons were goofy like TOS, but later it developed into the bar against which everything Star Trek is measured, especially the movies First Contact and Genesis. (later movies suffered from poor writing)

Deep Space 9: Days of our Lives.... In Space

Voyager: *yawn*

Enterprise: Didn't even bother watching.

JJ Abrams new Star Trek Remake: Surprisingly good. I was expecting it to be terrible, but instead I was impressed.

The original Enterprise was scrapped not saved...that one went through so much in WWII. IIRC it was in every major engaugement in the Pacific. The last battle saw it's elevator get smashed and finally took her out of commission. I wish that one had been saved.

U.S.S. Enterpise NCC-1701-C (Star Trek: The Next Generations "Yesterday's Enterprise")

Missing are the:
U.S.S. Enterpise NCC-1701-D Refit or Dreadnought or Galaxy X (Star Trek: The Next Generations "All Good Things")

You mean from top left. I was confused for a moment because I could have sworn the NX-01 was from Enterprise. :-P

The original Enterprise was scrapped not saved...that one went through so much in WWII. IIRC it was in every major engaugement in the Pacific. The last battle saw it's elevator get smashed and finally took her out of commission. I wish that one had been saved.

The should have mounted the entire ship on a pedestal somewhere in D.C.

With the way you guys keep referring to the ship as "her", she is beginning to sound like a real whore. :p

But I do agree, it should be a museum. Great history for this ship.

Ships are always refered to as "She" or "Her".

Missing are the:

The Galaxy X or Dreadnought doesnt exist, because that was a seperate timeline that didnt really exist. Especially since the Galaxy class USS Enterprise was destroyed so there was no refit of her at all. And the -F model is in a computer game, is that even considered canon?

Missing are the:

Not really. The Galaxy refit was from an alternate future. It didn't happen. The Enterprise NCC-1701-F isn't a canon ship AT ALL. Star Trek isn't like Star Wars. If it didn't happen in live action film or TV shows it doesn't count.

Not really. The Galaxy refit was from an alternate future. It didn't happen. The Enterprise NCC-1701-F isn't a canon ship AT ALL. Star Trek isn't like Star Wars. If it didn't happen in live action film or TV shows it doesn't count.

Indeed. The Star Trek Animated Series is considered entirely non-canon. Animation allowed them to break out of the "rubber face bumps" constraint on the aliens, so you got a lot of non-human looking aliens and races that would not have been possible to do convincingly in live action, such as the Aurelians and Skor.

Indeed. The Star Trek Animated Series is considered entirely non-canon. Animation allowed them to break out of the "rubber face bumps" constraint on the aliens, so you got a lot of non-human looking aliens and races that would not have been possible to do convincingly in live action, such as the Aurelians and Skor.

TAS is actually now considered cannon when the property rights holders changed hands, look it up (Memory Alpha). There are numerous references to TAS even in Deep Space Nine (even prior to TAS being considered cannon) and the Holodeck we all know and love was introduced there and is actually on the technical cut away litho of the NCC-1701.

I'm sure it won't be to long till a new ship named Enterprise sails the seas of our planet Earth.

I believe the sail ship is the first USS Enterprise ever, late 1700s, not exactly sure since that name isn't exactly a rarity as there have been 6 USN ships with that designation, and 1 Continental (Pre-US) ship with that name.

As to the other ones,
CV-6 Yorktown class aircraft carrier
CVN-65 Enterprise class aircraft carrier (the one the story is written about)
Space shuttle (duh) never actually went into space, it actually was a non-working model (no engines, heatshields etc), story goes the only reason why it's called the USS Enterprise is because there was a HUGE write in campaign to NASA from Star Trek fans not sure of the validity of that though.

Zarathustra[H];1038488197 said:
TOS: Goofy, but the first of its kind, and this still lovably goofy and good. By the time the motion picture came around, production quality and writing and *gasp* even acting started to be pretty decent.

TNG: Early seasons were goofy like TOS, but later it developed into the bar against which everything Star Trek is measured, especially the movies First Contact and Genesis. (later movies suffered from poor writing)

Deep Space 9: Days of our Lives.... In Space

Voyager: *yawn*

Enterprise: Didn't even bother watching.

JJ Abrams new Star Trek Remake: Surprisingly good. I was expecting it to be terrible, but instead I was impressed.

The only really good Next Generation movie is First Contact. The rest are pretty bad. Generations and Insurrection included Nemesis is more watchable than Insurrection but mostly because of the visuals and the combat. I also disagree with the comments about DS9. I think it was an excellent series with a few rocky parts. Overall I thought it was quite strong. Voyager blows and Enterprise blow. Both are too stuck on time travel crap and suffer from weak and inconsistent character writing.

I believe the sail ship is the first USS Enterprise ever, late 1700s, not exactly sure since that name isn't exactly a rarity as there have been 6 USN ships with that designation, and 1 Continental (Pre-US) ship with that name.

As to the other ones,
CV-6 Yorktown class aircraft carrier
CVN-65 Enterprise class aircraft carrier (the one the story is written about)
Space shuttle (duh) never actually went into space, it actually was a non-working model (no engines, heatshields etc), story goes the only reason why it's called the USS Enterprise is because there was a HUGE write in campaign to NASA from Star Trek fans not sure of the validity of that though.

It was named so due to a massive campaign at the time by fans of the TV show. They sent letters to President Ford who had served on the Navy vessel and was partial to the name. So he overrode NASA and named it "Enterprise."

Back