Fallout: Shadow of Boston Is A Hoax

Of course they wouldn't confirm it, they've still got Evil Within DLC to sell!

Its all part of the plan set forth by The Institute!

I have no idea how bethesda can run a business without actually fucking making products.

the last game they released was on 11/11/11, THREE years ago.

They are working on Fallout 4. I was pretty sure they confirmed that a while ago.

I have no idea how bethesda can run a business without actually fucking making products.

Hey it takes a long time start from scratch on a new engine!

Maybe ESO was more successful than we all think. :p

It's pretty much a given though that they're working on a new Fallout. I remember reading an interview somewhere, with someone, and they said something along the lines of, "Why would we purchase an IP with the intent of making a single game based off of it?"

Don't they publish a bunch of games from other studios?

Don't they publish a bunch of games from other studios?

Bethesda Softworks, the parent owner of Bethesda Game Studios, has published quite a few games from their other studios since 2011's Skyrim including Elder Scrolls Online, Evil Within, Dishonored, and Wolfenstein: New Order. However, Bethesda Game Studios, not counting DLCs, hasn't released a new game since 2011's Skyrim.

The name of the game was a good way to tell it was a joke. One of the worst title names for a game. Fallout: Red Heat Oven, Fallout: Kleenex Collector's Edition

Hey it takes a long time start from scratch on a new engine!

The good news is that once a game is built, Bethesda doesn't waste much time getting it out the door by doing stupid stuff like making sure they fix game-breaking bugs. I mean, why bother when the modding community will spend years working on unofficial patches that address the many thousands of things that are wrong?

Man, that's disappointing. I lived in Boston for 5 years, that place would make a rad Fallout landscape. Plus, loads of real tech companies making scary shit for you to go loot and turn into ridiculous weapons.

I was kind of glad that it was a hoax. Boston is a fine location, and I would play the hell out of it, but I don't think it is different enough from D.C. It would be fun to do a coastal city like San Fran, Miami, Seattle or something, or go real crazy and do one in Europe. A Fallout: London would be great!

Back