Fallout New Vegas fixed yet?

MaxBurn

[H]ard|Gawd
I really liked the other ones and was hugely disappointed when I heard about all the bugs in this one so I held off on getting it. Question now is the thing fixed yet?

Looks like there is a black Friday Deal going on.
Fallout New Vegas (Windows) for $39.99 at BestBuy (currently $49.99)

The PC version has gotten a few patches and fixes (plus community updates) even in the last couple days but the console versions haven't been patched since the first week.
Knowing how that engine has been, there's no way to fix everything, but they've fixed a lot of things compared to the gold master.

The more complex the game, the more problems there will be. And New Vegas is a very, very complex game.

That being said, I played the entire way through without encountering any game breaking or even severe bugs without updating. Only when I finished my first play-through did I allow Steam to patch it up.

I've had surprisingly few problems myself especially vs the early days on Fallout 3 on the PC.

I think you can buy with confidence and come into the PC forums, hit the main thread, hit the nexus for performance mods and tips, and be well on your way. :)

Ive never seen more glitches in a game. If Im not falling through the ground then my enemies are. Or my enemies are totally ignoring me. Had a whole pack of Night stalkers ignore me as I picked proceeded to shoot them in the face at point blank. Its a fun game until the glitches appear tho. I think 30-40 dollars is definately worth it. Im playing the 360 version by the way.

Ive played through it twice already on pc (NCR and Mr House endings). Once on my current rig in my sig and on an older S939 machine with a 3870. The s939 gave me a CTD about every hour or so, but smooth as butter on my 6870. This is the first game I finished and started over from scratch the very same day. You wont be disappointed.

It's a bethsoft game.

They get like 3-4 big patch's, and then you hope the community patch's fix everything.

Games sell millions of copies, and they can't bother to fully squash the bugs.

Yeah, that last patch took care of a lot of the most glaring issues. Sadly the stutter issue is still present as it is for all gamebryo titles but there are a few workarounds for it.

If you have a 64bit OS, I'd recommend the FNV4GB tool. It made the game play a lot smoother for me.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35262

I don't see how. FalloutNV.exe has never used over like 800MB for me.

The PC version has gotten a few patches and fixes (plus community updates) even in the last couple days but the console versions haven't been patched since the first week.
Knowing how that engine has been, there's no way to fix everything, but they've fixed a lot of things compared to the gold master.

360 users (not sure about PS3) have gotten 2 updates (minor) to help fix a save issue and can't remember the other.

PC users for once are getting the treatment while 360/PS3 users are getting the shaft.. feels good.

However 360 users are getting the first DLC exclusive in December.

Yeah, that last patch took care of a lot of the most glaring issues. Sadly the stutter issue is still present as it is for all gamebryo titles but there are a few workarounds for it.

If you have a 64bit OS, I'd recommend the FNV4GB tool. It made the game play a lot smoother for me.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35262

Seconded.

a major patch is coming out soon according to Bethesda...all the other patches have been minor but this is a big one...should be out this week or next

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.ph...ead-from-the-teams-at-obsidian-and-bethesda/?

Great!

I don't see how. FalloutNV.exe has never used over like 800MB for me.

It's not so much the memory aspect that makes it run smoother. The loader includes another fix "GetTickCount() function" that removes the infamous micro stutter.

It's a bethsoft game.

They get like 3-4 big patch's, and then you hope the community patch's fix everything.

Games sell millions of copies, and they can't bother to fully squash the bugs.

One thing to consider is what happens when a bug gets fixed. It's not as simple as "fixing" the code...you also have to consider what else could be affected by applying a patch. It's much more involved than you think.

Note: the general "you think", not "you think, kioras".

It's not so much the memory aspect that makes it run smoother. The loader includes another fix "GetTickCount() function" that removes the infamous micro stutter.

Blah, something about patching the exe to fix that doesn't set right with me.Think I'll wait for a good version of Stutter Remover.

Blah, something about patching the exe to fix that doesn't set right with me.Think I'll wait for a good version of Stutter Remover.

It does not alter the original EXE on disk. From Readme.txt:

1) Gets the Install Path for the game from the registry value:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\FalloutNV\Installed Path
2) Changes to the games Directory
3) Copies FalloutNV.exe to FalloutNV.4GB if needed
4) Sets the LARGEADDRESSAWARE bit on FalloutNV.4GB if needed
5) Sets the environment variable SteamAPPId to 22380 (or whatever value was
specified on the command line) which tells Steam to run the game (not
restart and load the launcher)
6) Creates a new process for FalloutNV.4GB with the main thread suspended
7) Injects fnv4gb_helper.dll into the FalloutNV.4GB process
8) fnv4gb_helper unsets the LARGEADDRESSAWARE bit in the loaded headers so