Fallout New Vegas $12.50

Couldn't resist the price, good deal! and as others have said this is why I wait, I am in no rush to play games when they are first released and in turn i save $50

thanks

Yeah, first time trying D2D and last. Stuck in "One-Time Phone Authorization" loop. F*&^ 'em. I'll wait for a Steam deal.

Thank you very much purple_haze and Redshirt #24!

Picked it up for $10.63 via Paypal. Activated through Steam with no issues.

Now for mods and texture packs.

Good price but I gotta say, not a great game. Just a reskin of fallout 3....I was super dissapointed.

The $45 that I spent on New Vegas was well worth it to play the game six months ago.

Indeed. I got it for ~$30 at launch though in a group buy Amazon was having at the time. It was a buy 2 get 1 free sale.

Great price though, no one should hesitate to jump on this, IMO.

Payed something like $10 after the coupon and it activated on steam. About 20 minutes in, the game looks to be worth it already, but the graphics are shitty to say the least. Any recommendations on mods similar to the artist pavlov complete mods for the stalker games?

edit:

Ooooo, didin't see this before.

$11.36 here, I have been waiting for a great deal on this game, Thanks

also if you want a great mod for this HI Res textures :)

Last edited:
Wow, glad I jumped on this. That didn't last long at all.

I'm glad I was able to get this; I've been itching for a new game and couldn't decide between Dungeon Siege 3 or Dragon Age 2.

What the crap, I was at work and said I'd grab it when I get home and it's dead.. wtf!

$11.36 here, I have been waiting for a great deal on this game, Thanks

also if you want a great mod for this HI Res textures :)

I see a description for Ojo Bueno and would like to download it.
The only thing I see that I can actually download is Poco Bueno.

???

Nevermind. Files tab. Uggh. Gotta download and install like 11 different files.

Last edited:
What the crap, I was at work and said I'd grab it when I get home and it's dead.. wtf!

At least you didn't try to buy at work, get locked out, and then get this explanation. They want "physical" locations to match on the Internet. I guess these morons have never heard of a proxy before?

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for contacting Direct2Drive Support.

We are a no card present merchant and have to take higher precautions to protect your credit card. Your card shows an address which does not match your physical location.

We want to protect your credit card from unauthorized internet purchases. May we inquire about this information not matching? Can you verify the city you are located in while trying to purchase?

Wouldn't you prefer they inquire rather than just accepting purchases from a US card holder when the purchase is originating from somewhere else, like another state or China? Especially with everything going on lately I know I would rather someone verify I'm legit and not just let my card be used all over the globe.

Wouldn't you prefer they inquire rather than just accepting purchases from a US card holder when the purchase is originating from somewhere else, like another state or China? Especially with everything going on lately I know I would rather someone verify I'm legit and not just let my card be used all over the globe.

Obviously, I would not since I missed the sale. Paypal and CC companies already have sufficient fraud protection in place. I've never seen this kind of nonsense before with a digital transaction with my CC or Paypal. Physical location on the Internet....GMAFB.

EDIT: Well, I have to eat crow. Their CSR came through and gave me the deal price after the fact. Not too shabby.

Last edited:
Well, I have to eat crow. Their CSR came through and gave me the deal price after the fact. Not too shabby. Downloading on Steam now.

Last edited:
I am pissed, I emailed them last night and they told me too bad! Grr I hate closing the store at work and missing deals like this :(

i can't believe steam isn't pushing the 1.3 update and it is NOWHERE to be found online... even Bethesda and Obsidian aren't offering it. this is completely absurd.

i can't believe steam isn't pushing the 1.3 update and it is NOWHERE to be found online... even Bethesda and Obsidian aren't offering it. this is completely absurd.

Dude, its a Steamworks title. If Steam doesn't have it no one does. There is no way to run this game without Steam, well you know what I mean.

Umm yeah. 1.3. steam only updates to 1.2.14.0... some mods require the 1.3 update.

thanks for the link. i'll just do without the mods i was going to use. many people during my search have become frustrated as well and a few apparently were going to talk to steam... but this was all last month.

steam is not pushing out the 1.3 update nor do either bethesda or obsidian offer downloads of patches for THEIR product.

anyways, i wont thread crap as my gripe doesn't belong here. thanks to the op for the deal... well worth the $10.

What are you talking about? The guy just posted a link showing Steam had updated Fallout: New Vegas to 1.3 back on April 25 - or are you saying they just announced it and did not actually do it? I am totally confused...

What are you talking about? The guy just posted a link showing Steam had updated Fallout: New Vegas to 1.3 back on April 25 - or are you saying they just announced it and did not actually do it? I am totally confused...

it was released on that date - maybe steam was pushing it before (i wouldn't know as i just bought it last week)... my point was they no longer seem to be making it available and i haven't been able to find it anywhere on the www.

You don't need to play it, just watch this instead:)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYWi6-BcGCQ"]YouTube - ‪Fallout New Vegas: Wild Wild Wasteland‬‏[/ame]

Last edited:
it was released on that date - maybe steam was pushing it before (i wouldn't know as i just bought it last week)... my point was they no longer seem to be making it available and i haven't been able to find it anywhere on the www.

Like BababooeyHTJ said, it's a Steamworks game. You'll never see a patch anywhere else because all the patching is handled through Steam.

Maybe try verifying the files through Steam and making sure it's set to auto-update or just delete the files and make it redownload them?

Back