Fallout: New California mod alllllmost ready

pek

prairie dog
http://www.moddb.com/mods/falloutprojectbrazil

It's a mod for Fallout: NV, been cooking for quite a while. I'm grabbing it and blowing the dust off of F: NV to play again. It'll take a while to get out of F: 4 mode, so maybe a few hours of practice then start F: NV over again.

Wasn't there a mod someone was making that remakes New Vegas with the Fallout 4 engine? That's the one i'd play. Especially considering I've never played New Vegas.

Where did you see "it's gone"? Quote from the page linked is that the open beta is closed, not that the mod is 'gone'.

"Open BETA is no longer remote. We need to do more private bug fixing.

It's not Beta Playing that helps us, it's BETA testing & fixing. ;) So you can't play it quite yet. But soon.

You may commence the customary ReleaseWhens and GimmeBetas now."

I never need a reason to replay Fallout New Vegas, and I love mods.

Win Win

I can't wait, and I should probably toss them some beer money.

Since I don't have my main rig any longer (goodbye old friend! :( ) I'm relegated to using a loaner laptop with a embedded 850m. Playing newer games on it isn't feasible so I'm revisiting older games such as Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim, which I've logged several thousand hours into.

It is mods like New California which breathe new life into older games and I personally thank the modders for the time and effort put into the vreations.

That said, I am anxiously awaiting for the release of New California to get the lead on in a new worldspace. Oughta be an exciting ride from the looks of things. :D

this sounds really impressive-- brand new story with 12 endings and more then 14,000 lines of voiced dialogue!!...

Wasn't there a mod someone was making that remakes New Vegas with the Fallout 4 engine? That's the one i'd play. Especially considering I've never played New Vegas.
The FO3 and NV to FO4-engine mods hit some legal turbulence. The FO3 team decided to bow out, unfortunately. The NV team has opted to recreate all of the audio assets that were at the heart of these issues. I believe it was the spoken dialogue that was the issue. Twas a sad day.

damn... now I have to reinstall F:NV... then play it through once more... then go over to Nexus and load up 100+ random mods... then F:NC might be ready?
/even with 100+ mods, I just can't get into F4... I think I've restarted the game at least 5 times but eventually get bored with the grind
//F:NV needed the 64bit beauty treatment, like Skyrim got :/

Imminent release mentioned on project's FB feed instead of waiting til October. Good idea IMO: take advantage of summer release doldrums and avoid competing with the 76 shartshow.

Imminent release mentioned on project's FB feed instead of waiting til October. Good idea IMO: take advantage of summer release doldrums and avoid competing with the 76 shartshow.

Sidebar: I've never understood with people out of schools, vacations, and so forth why the gaming industry by and large completely skips out on the entire summer.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Release day today for Beta 201 : https://www.moddb.com/mods/falloutprojectbrazil
Currently downloading with Vortex into a fresh NV install with their recommended mods installed: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Iciq_jIMJvZLMjkDQdCP0tDHmezpFme9nUKjDiZ1HGU/mobilebasic

So far no C&D regarding the card game, but that implies that the relevant parties at Bethesda are either incompetent, or want to keep a threat of C&D hanging over the modders. "Gee, that's a nice 5+ year project you have. It would be a shame if something happened to it."

Question for anyone who knows: is it possible to use both the regular ENB and Rudy ENB?

I could be up for this, but I have to finish Crosscode before I'll have the mental power to give.

Back