Fallout 76's 54GB Day-One Patch Is Bigger than the Actual Game

Yeah I'm way out in the sticks, with an Unlimited Shaw account. ;) Friends come by and visit while their laptop sucks up the files and a pleasant evening will easily do a 50G game. ;)
Hahaha described my friends' fibre connection perfectly. Good on you!

And for people that live in Rural areas with crap internet and very crap data caps can spend their whole month of data on one PATCH. WTF

Sure, but people with limited internet like that probably shouldn't be buying online MMO games anyway right?

Unfortunately in the USA calling your congressmen doesnt do much good since most of them are being paid big money by the telecom companies to keep anti consumer practices in place.
Actually, that attitude does more harm than corporate money.
The fact that the vast majority of decent people do not interact with their politicians on any real level ensures that they have no voice.....then they complain about having no voice.

Sure, but people with limited internet like that probably shouldn't be buying online MMO games anyway right?

Sure, but people with limited water like that probably shouldn't be buying store bought water anyway right?

Sure, but people with limited water like that probably shouldn't be buying store bought water anyway right?

I dunno, how many gallons of water do you need to play an online shooter/MMO?

What I'm saying is... if you live somewhere and you know you have shitty internet... buying online only MMO/shooter games shouldn't be your priority. I mean I like 500 pings as much as the next guy about to get shot in the head online....but....

your the problem, get out

Why's that? Cause i'm willing to say blatently obvious things? No QQ'ing if you don't do yourself a favor and make your life better.

Hell that's the main reason i ended up where i am now. 1 gig up/down for $49 / month no cap can't be beat. And it's city owned & run so no middle man / mega corp to make richer.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ :rolleyes: imagine having to Dl this on the average POS DSL connection, i would be so pissed if i had to do that. ( was capped on a 5/1 mbit phone connection for years )
Personally i now have a so fast DL speed i am normally bound at the speed of the host site and bottlenecks on the route, so it is pretty rare i see the full effect of my 1 gbit Dl speed.

it;s the way the patch system works cause they never fixed it....even a 1.0gb patch for a 50gb game requires 50gb of free space for allocation

hence lots of wtf posts on Steam forums for the greatest disappointment of 2018 - Bard's Tale 4

extremely likely this big patch is mostly just the same data, since no one do game patchers anymore.

For PC its a small download: "PC players will receive a small update to their existing B.E.T.A. download to prepare them for November 14."

Why the consoles need a full download is probably more to do with Sony and M$. ;)

... so they released a patch that is just a completely new version of the game?
As I've understood it they'll release the game in a week or two.
This far they've only released a beta version.
Since the consoles got their beta earlier than PC it seems logical that it will differ more from the release version.

I suppose the release version should be overall better and richer, although a recent public statement from Bethesda doesn't seem very assuring in that regard...

Nah I'm not part of the problem. Bethesda releases broken games, that's what they do. The game being large is just another of their issues.

Here's my gripe, people always seem to complain about games getting bigger year after year(inflation?) but their DL caps stay the same and they blame devs solely. You want tiny games for your puny 'net cap? Go play old games.

I'm sorry you live in a place/country that has terrible internet. Try doing something about it, or leaving to someplace that's better. All I see is people bitching, finger waving and nothing being done.

But hey, I live in Ontario where there's plenty of competition. Seems many places don't like that word.

heres my gripe:
expecting the world to cater to YOUR view when you have a clearly skewed view of the larger world around you. im so happy for you this doesnt affect you. in reality it doesnt affect me either. my internet does not suck. your internet and my internet has nothing to do with the real issue however which is NOT crappy internet. its crappy DEV.
stop making excuses for them and hold them to higher standards.

I dunno, how many gallons of water do you need to play an online shooter/MMO?

What I'm saying is... if you live somewhere and you know you have shitty internet... buying online only MMO/shooter games shouldn't be your priority. I mean I like 500 pings as much as the next guy about to get shot in the head online....but....

ping times and 100gb day one downloads are not the same thing stop treating them as if they are please.
thank you.

Actually, that attitude does more harm than corporate money.
The fact that the vast majority of decent people do not interact with their politicians on any real level ensures that they have no voice.....then they complain about having no voice.
qft ^^^^^^^^^^

Jesus Christ :rolleyes: imagine having to Dl this on the average POS DSL connection, i would be so pissed if i had to do that. ( was capped on a 5/1 mbit phone connection for years )
Personally i now have a so fast DL speed i am normally bound at the speed of the host site and bottlenecks on the route, so it is pretty rare i see the full effect of my 1 gbit Dl speed.
I miss the good old days where I dail-up in the morning to DL a hundred or two MBs file/s, go to work, get home and it was about to be finished.

I miss the good old days where I dail-up in the morning to DL a hundred or two MBs file/s, go to work, get home and it was about to be finished.
Yep, it was dark days when you had to schedule your wank sessions around not needing an open phone line.

Back