The game has officially gone from "If you don't like it, don't buy it" territory into "Please don't buy it at all".
This is one of those games where it's such a mess you really should just NOT buy it to avoid supporting bad dev practices. Even for bethesda this is a new low.
Compiling some issues:
- FOV setting, didn't see that anywhere.
- No option to disable or change the levels of DoF , little too strong for my tastes.
- Brightness and bloom settings, places felt a little too bright from time to time.
- Option to disable motion blur, that's always nice.
- Overall common settings for PC like Antialiasing or Anisotropic filtering were missing
- Raw mouse input or option to disable smoothing.
- Need more key rebinding options, like changing scroll wheel to something else.
- Also as with Fallout 4 some keybindings where bundled together resulting in some accidental grenade throwing and there didn't seem to be option to separate them.
- Text chat would also be nice, we have keyboards after all.
- Push to talk, that's a no-brainer.
- a lot of key bindings can't be rebind (e.g. Z to Y -> not everyone has a QWERTY)
- ESC should bring up the menu not the map (M should be for the map)
- ESC should close the Pip-Boy/map first (so 2 times ESC = menu when your in the Pip-Boy)
- mouse wheel should switch between your favorites not bring up the fav menu
- ultra wide screen support (21:9)
- mouse smoothing toggle (raw mouse input)
- decouple movement from FPS (works like a speed hack)
- separate mouse sensitivity slider for ADS
- text chat
- HUD/Pip-Boy color picker
I cancelled my pre-order on Amazon, then re-preordered and got a 2nd beta key for my friend.
Here's the beta schedule
I'm surprised so many people here pre-ordered...this looked bad from the moment it was announced...as a fan of the series I had zero interest in this from Day 1...it's crowdfunding for Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 development
I really hope this game fails though. If it's successful they'll likely end up ruining the next elder scrolls this way as well.
My god, Bethesda has gone full retard with the Atomic Shop
They're all cosmetic. Nothing particularly shocking in there.My god, Bethesda has gone full retard with the Atomic Shop
I don't get the level of hate? The game is missing a lot of PC specific features. Aren't they really just the little adjustments though? It is not a Single Player game. A lot of these things, like FOV, would give the player an advantage in a MP game.
Personally I had to redownload, that was not fun. But the game ran great for any Bethesda game I've ever played. I didn't have a lot of time, I did not even look at the settings. Not like me at all, but I was time limited. I did not like the strength of dof myself. If I could I would turn it off. At the time I did not care, I just wanted to explore.
I ended up in a tree stand playing a Banjo. Seemed right.
Its a fun game, try not to get hung up on the settings menu.
Great to see so many familiar names on the HardForum still. Big Fallout fans like Krenum and Q-BZ.
I don't get to game as much as I once did with kids etc. I've mostly being playing Battlefield as I can jump in and out at whim The last single player game I completed was Fallout 4
Was really looking forward to this game being a big Fallout fan but judging by your feedback it's not looking brilliant. I didn't pre-order so I'm going with your judgement guys.
The gamebryo engine is the worst engine used by any tripleA developer. It completely sucks in every single possible way except one (familiarity to modders). At least with the single player titles you can mod away some of the BS, the instant this was announced to be online only with only approved/paid mods it was dead in the water. I'm surprised there's PC gamers who still have high expectations for this title.