Fallout 76

dub77nj

Limp Gawd
Is Fallout Worlds like this, if you can't beat the hackers then market and monetize? I'm guessing now any single player bethesda games are now pushed off indefinitely.

theplaidfad

Lurker
I love CAMP building in FO76, but progression not carrying over to adventure mode kills this for me.

theplaidfad

Lurker
Also... would any of you be interested in adding me to your friends list? I love visiting CAMPS and borrowing (stealing) camp ideas for my next build.

IGN: B41T

I only ask that you PM or reply in this thread that you're adding me. I tend to delete request I don't recognize.

thecold

Gawd
I play at 2560x1440, max settings with only dof turned to minimum (I hate dof).

Current video cards
rtx 2080ti
rx 6800

The performance difference between these 2 in this game is, well astounding. So I was hoping to get some feedback from people who use the rx 6800 in this game. Normally I get anywhere from 0-15 percent difference between these 2. In this game it's more like 60-80 percent in favor of the rtx 2080 ti.

Does anyone have any idea's. I can't really get a faster cpu. I've ddu'd. I've done everything besides a clean install.

All of my Nvidia cards do massively better in this game than the rx 6800. I've installed the most recent chipset, I've done full amd reinstall for drivers. I can't really think of anything else. I've full screened the game better, but still nothing compared to nvidia.

Brackle

Old Timer
Also... would any of you be interested in adding me to your friends list? I love visiting CAMPS and borrowing (stealing) camp ideas for my next build.

IGN: B41T

I only ask that you PM or reply in this thread that you're adding me. I tend to delete request I don't recognize.
Hello,

I will add you. You will get an invite from Brackel

Brackle

Old Timer
Does anyone have any idea's. I can't really get a faster cpu. I've ddu'd. I've done everything besides a clean install.

All of my Nvidia cards do massively better in this game than the rx 6800. I've installed the most recent chipset, I've done full amd reinstall for drivers. I can't really think of anything else. I've full screened the game better, but still nothing compared to nvidia.

First thing I would do is limit the framerate in the game and turn off vsync. If I didn't the game would give me massive issues with stuttering and performance.

This might also fix the issues with the 6800xt. Have you given that a shot?

thecold

Gawd
First thing I would do is limit the framerate in the game and turn off vsync. If I didn't the game would give me massive issues with stuttering and performance.

This might also fix the issues with the 6800xt. Have you given that a shot?

Yea, that's what I did.

I haven't had any issues with my nvidia cards, as long as I fps limit it, otherwise the menu run's at 1k+ fps and stutters insanely.

With amd, regardless of what I did, I'd get poor performance. The rx 6800 is within margin on the games I play (compared to benchmarks). It's just a potato in this game (or games that rely on lots of raytracing).

Brackle

Old Timer
Yea, that's what I did.

I haven't had any issues with my nvidia cards, as long as I fps limit it, otherwise the menu run's at 1k+ fps and stutters insanely.

With amd, regardless of what I did, I'd get poor performance. The rx 6800 is within margin on the games I play (compared to benchmarks). It's just a potato in this game (or games that rely on lots of raytracing).
So looking around reddit I did find this from someone who was able to help his performance with a 6800xt? Not sure if this would work for you, but its worth a shot. Not sure if you have an AMD CPU or not, but with his 6800xt it looks like the tesselation settings could be an issue?

"Fallout76 uses dx11.1 and the amd cpu is a problem i have installed the dxvk 1.9 most of the problems when aways and i am now able to play in ultra settings. ALso set the tesselation to auto on amd drivers. there still some stutering and loading new areas with alot of buildings and e some cases fps drops to 50. As i said solve some of hte issues. but the experience is alot better since i set it with dxvk."

thecold

Gawd
So looking around reddit I did find this from someone who was able to help his performance with a 6800xt? Not sure if this would work for you, but its worth a shot. Not sure if you have an AMD CPU or not, but with his 6800xt it looks like the tesselation settings could be an issue?

"Fallout76 uses dx11.1 and the amd cpu is a problem i have installed the dxvk 1.9 most of the problems when aways and i am now able to play in ultra settings. ALso set the tesselation to auto on amd drivers. there still some stutering and loading new areas with alot of buildings and e some cases fps drops to 50. As i said solve some of hte issues. but the experience is alot better since i set it with dxvk."

Yea, my tessellation was set to auto. I've never changed from ultra settings @ 1440p. I have a 5900x with ram at 3600. It feels like a cpu limitation (I should have started with that), as the gpu clocks are all over the place. While I am cpu limited at times with an rtx 2080ti/rtx 3070 ti/ rtx 3080 (more so on the last of the three) it's nothing like the rx 6800.

Last edited:

Brackle

Old Timer
Yea, my tessellation was set to auto. I've never changed from ultra settings @ 1440p. I have a 5900x with ram at 3600. It feels like a cpu limitation (I should have started with that), as the gpu clocks are all over the place. While I am cpu limited at times with an rtx 2080ti/rtx 3070 ti/ rtx 3080 (more so on the last of the three) it's nothing like the rx 6800.
Hmm well my wife who plays is using a 5600x and never is CPU limited. But, she is also using a 3080 RTX at 1440p/144hz.

I am using a 5900x as well, but I am also playing in 4k120hz which the CPU isn't the limiting factor. (Also using 32GB of memory @ 3800mhz)

It really makes me wonder if it isnt the GPU and drivers to be honest. the 6800xt shouldn't have any issues running fo76....

I guess one last question, have you installed the later chipset driver?

thecold

Gawd
Hmm well my wife who plays is using a 5600x and never is CPU limited. But, she is also using a 3080 RTX at 1440p/144hz.

I am using a 5900x as well, but I am also playing in 4k120hz which the CPU isn't the limiting factor. (Also using 32GB of memory @ 3800mhz)

It really makes me wonder if it isnt the GPU and drivers to be honest. the 6800xt shouldn't have any issues running fo76....

I guess one last question, have you installed the later chipset driver?

Yep.

I can assure you, at times I'm cpu limited. You should notice this when your in bases where lots of lights intersect. Especially at white spring bases. This is mine, so it's super repeatable (for me).

(this is the 3070ti)

1631749719404.png