Fallout 76 Has Already Been Reduced to $35

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Fallout 76 hasn’t even been on shelves for two weeks, but it is already on sale at Amazon for $35. While this is likely a temporary price drop for the holiday sales weekend, pessimists say Bethesda is doing whatever it can to sell the game due to increasingly poor reviews and word of mouth. (This is actually the second discount the game has received thus far, so maybe they are on to something.)

Holding off until it's cheaper and the bugs are largely gone. There are just too many horror stories of bugs (quests that cannot be completed, portions of camps disappearing/duplicating, whacky physics, crashes and freezes), then the emptiness of the wasteland that keep me away.

It's not surprising that Bethesda's latest creation engine game is riddled with bugs, but all of that was easily overlooked in a singleplayer experience (e.g. quick load to resolve). I just cannot bring my group into FO76 when they've grown accustomed to more polished online experiences.

I just bought a copy... Thanks... I was looking for a good game to play over the Christmas Holiday...

Nope. Nope Nope Nope. $35 is rewarding them. $14.99 or less is my "fun for a weekend rental" instinct-purchase threshold. They'll get my $60 for Fallout 5, Thank You.

Holding off until it's cheaper and the bugs are largely gone.
Good luck.

9vkv.gif

I just bought a copy... Thanks... I was looking for a good game to play over the Christmas Holiday...
Probably wont qualify as such by then. Squad (Huge update just came out) and/or Wolcen: Lord of Mayhem (2nd Phase of Beta is playable) on the other hand... are reviewed well.

Even bethesda had it for $40 in their own store on bethesda.net. No one felt the need to put rdr2 on a discount, because people are ace buying it. Bethesda shit the bed with this one and they know it, and people aren't willing to overlook their crap in a multi-player game.

Since they plan on using the same garbage engine for es6 and starfield, I expect it to continue. Not sure how they thought people were going to accept less content than fo4 for $60, and even fo4 was lacking but it at least had NPCs you could interact with.

[QUOTE="HeadRusch, post: 1043954444, member: 162750" . . . They'll get my $60 for Fallout 5, Thank You.[/QUOTE]

Yep Yep Yep totally agree. Hell, I would go to $100 if I get a PIP Boy shelf ornament again. F4 has paid for itself many times over in my case.

Holding off until it's cheaper and the bugs are largely gone. There are just too many horror stories of bugs (quests that cannot be completed, portions of camps disappearing/duplicating, whacky physics, crashes and freezes), then the emptiness of the wasteland that keep me away.

without the modding community to fix their stuff which has been the way its always gone? i dont see this happening any time soon.

Even at $5 I wouldn't bite. Fallout 4 was already too much of a barebones Fallout experience for me. Now they want to release something that is a copy-paste of 4 with even LESS RPG features and absolutely nothing that makes it feel like a Fallout game? Fuck that noise. And that's without getting into the apparently horrid netcode and myriad of game wrecking bugs that were never fixed from the "beta".

I was mildly excited for Fallout 76 until I heard it was an mmo and thought "20 says its just a fallout skinned mmo with samie fetch quests and no story". I am shocked, shocked I tell you, to find out thats exactly what it is. Not all that surprised that they also just shoved it out the door without any testing either. I'll never understand why people buy into this shit in such droves when theres wealth of examples of publishers kicking this kinda crap out the door. "They bought the single player? well fuck lets stick a multiplayer sticker on it and add lootcrates! Call it an MMO!!"

Edit: Im looking but I cant find any evidence to show they even started development before 2018.

Even at $5 I wouldn't bite. Fallout 4 was already too much of a barebones Fallout experience for me. Now they want to release something that is a copy-paste of 4 with even LESS RPG features and absolutely nothing that makes it feel like a Fallout game? Fuck that noise. And that's without getting into the apparently horrid netcode and myriad of game wrecking bugs that were never fixed from the "beta".

But wait I paid full price for . . . .well not this. I did for Fallout 4. I tried for about a year to get into it because of all the hype and used it for some benching. Never really liked the visuals that much and was really surprised at how demanding it was and how little it seemed to do. Overall I have to agree with someone else's post that Bethesda is really only good at releasing game kits and it's up to the community to mod them into an actual game. Doom is the only exception for me with them.

This coupled with the fallout of the refund frenzy makes me want to stay away from this thing

We're the first 75 this bad?

:D

At least ME: A isn't riddled with as many bugs and has a real story. Not a good story, but it has one that is more than freaking audio logs.

MEA's biggest problem was it took to long to really get started, and just as it was it ended for a sequel. Garbage.

FO76's problem is Bethesda wanted to jump on the Survival MMO band wagon, and if we are being honest, they suck.

Just throw all of the physical copies in a landfill and shut down the servers. Then get to work on games that people actually want, like the next Elder Scrolls and the next real Fallout game.

I watched streams of the game Friday night and all of Saturday. It did look interesting because one of the end game missions had an almost infinite spawn mechanic. Almost infinite because at some point it ended and the team of streamers I was watching won. Anyway the mission reminded me of Left 4 Dead as it had these bad-ass robots called Assaultrons, and some "star" legendary creatures that looked exactly the same as the regular enemies in it, that were genuinely pressuring the level 63 streamer.

Besides that one mission, all I saw were guys running around looking for stacks of clipboards to salvage. As soon as I noticed that the streamer had to repair his weapon to continue fighting, I was completely turned off. I don't have time for that nowadays. Maybe when I was younger I would find busy work like that interesting, but not now.

My interest meter for the game is at 3 of 10.

What a bunch of sleazy developers! Trying to sneak a turd of a game into the hands of their loyal fans.

First, fire the idiots behind this clown show of a game and then let's get a team working on Fallout 5.

They got lazy, tried to make a money grab and got their asses handed to them.

How could a company blacken the eye of the much celebrated Fallout series by releasing ( from all accounts ) a terrible horrible game.

the game has no content for a 60$ game, even 20bucks seem too much for it, especialy when you know there is micro transaction in it,
to me this should have been free 2 play for ppl, and for me to play it, bethesda have to pay me a monthly fee.
seriously if their stock price and investors forces them to do this crap, just make the company private, games make an obscene amount of money already and it's never enough, they already hit the ceiling they can't just keep driving growth, they are doing more and more shiet to achieve that and alienating consumers in the process.

Last edited:
It sounds like a terrible game. Maybe it can be turned around with a whole bunch of patches.

So when are we going to hear from the people who paid full price for it again?

Hi, right here. I'm not going to bitch about a $25 difference. It's been a fantastic experience so far. Perfect? No. But every day this game meets my expectations and more.
Tons of content.

If we're at the point in our lives that $35, or even $60 is THAT dramatic of a purchase, you probably shouldn't be buying it in the first place.

Never understoof the FO4 hate.

FO4 wasn't a bad game per-say, but it was a bad Fallout experience. 4 barely felt like a Fallout experience at all, it really seemed like someone slapped a Fallout skin on an average FPS/TPS game. FO3 was already Fallout lite and 4 removed even more RPG elements and left even less room for you to play a character vs playing a pre-defined role. The entire concept of a pre-bomb drop character in the wasteland should have been excellent, but Bethesda's writing just fell flat on its face over and over and over. The game world just wasn't as fun to explore either. Everything felt too directed as well, like there was little room to allow a player to feel like they were actually discovering something cool. Instead it seemed like Bethesda was taking the extreme approach to making sure players saw everything by mostly directing them there. A lot of what there was to find wasn't super exciting either. In more compatent hands so many elements of FO4 could have been amazing, but Bethesda just made it feel so....Average and boring. I put over 100 hours into FO3 before any expansion packs were out, I put down FO4 after maybe 10 hours and never had any desire to go back and try the expansion content.

Hi, right here. I'm not going to bitch about a $25 difference. It's been a fantastic experience so far. Perfect? No. But every day this game meets my expectations and more.
Tons of content.

If we're at the point in our lives that $35, or even $60 is THAT dramatic of a purchase, you probably shouldn't be buying it in the first place.

I mean money is not that important. What is important is that the company thinks is product is worth almost 1/2 price after 2 weeks. To me that says " we got the suckers, lets see who else is buying." even no man's sky kept it's $60 price point and showed a little dignity.

All that being said Farming Simulator 2019 is out, better game to play than 76 if you like games that only offer farming. Oh and in Farming Simulator 2019 you can farm with friends on your own private server.

Tons of content.

great if you enjoy the game, but you really have very very low expectations, i played the beta, and the game was so boring and empty, all i did was run in an empty map, stuttering at every new area, fight bugy mobs, collect crap to craft then get frustrated by how little mats i can carry, pvp sux, pve sux even more i hated playing with guns, mobs moved too fast and that triggers me when i start missing a 1 feet away mob tap dancing around me.
after few hours i was forcing myself to log just to get bored and log out, as i said your expectations are really low, this game isn't just bugy, badly designed, not finished, and clearly a cash grab, but it's nowhere near fun to play, weird how tastes change from a person to another.

Reactions: Meeho
like this
The fact that well-known Fallout 4 bugs were carried over to Fallout 76 has left me somewhat perplexed. Bugs that they (Bethesda) knew about for years, bugs that modders had even fixed for them in Fallout 4 via unofficial patches. I know bugs and Bethesda go together like eggs and bacon, but the total disregard to fix well known bugs that affected the last generation of games is bold, even for them.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Back