Fallout 4, what AA are you using?

What AA are you using in Fallout 4? (please vote and post your rig specs)

• Total voters
because that's a screen space effect, unlike what fallout does

Yes, I know. But how is that relevant?

Crysis (and most who imitate the engine) uses the depth buffer and applies a radial blur away from the screen-space source of light. Unlike other engines, though, the Cryengine method applies this to ALL fog in a scene, so the 'godray' effect is present, though subtle, throughout the game and requires (by today's standards) very little power to run. Why Nvidia thinks that we somehow need dynamic tessellation to accomplish virtually the same effect is beyond me.

I hardly understand how hardware tessellation is used with this effect...

I get really bad fps drops (down to 15 or so) with god rays on ultra when I scope with a scoped rifle.

I come across many graphical complaints online, many that I haven't experienced, but haven't seen this one. Anyone else notice that?

I get really bad fps drops (down to 15 or so) with god rays on ultra when I scope with a scoped rifle.

I come across many graphical complaints online, many that I haven't experienced, but haven't seen this one. Anyone else notice that?
I have read that the framerate on consoles tanks down to that exact number while aiming through scopes, as well...

Doesn't seem like that's really a fix, it's just turning off God Rays (which is what the pixellation is related to I believe).
It's more than just god rays. It's turning off volumetric lighting completely, which I'm sure would make the game look like dog shit with the already low quality assets.

Well this is frustrating as hell. I'm trying to do this. When you download the reshader it's compressed into a .7z file. I try to install 7z, and the installer just sits there doing nothing even though it's only a few mb. I see no work around for this. UGGGHHHH.

Maybe someone can repack as a ZIP and upload somewhere...I can try to do it from work here but not sure if I'll be able to. Will update if so.

EDIT: Shitty host but give this a try - http://www.megafileupload.com/dT94/ReShade_Framework_1.1.0.zip

Maybe someone can repack as a ZIP and upload somewhere...I can try to do it from work here but not sure if I'll be able to. Will update if so.

Just got it actually, the .msi file wouldn't install but the beta .exe worked fine. Thanks a bunch anyway though!

Edit: Game looks 10x better now!!!

Last edited:
Back