Fallout 4 reveal?- 12/11/2013

Mainly, I'm most excited for the graphics engine update. Skyrim looked great, I was pretty bummed NV was still in the old engine, seemed so dated.

Here's what I don't get... if it was fake why didn't Beth just say so instead of going "no comment"?

A longshot, but maybe they didn't say it was a hoax because they wanted people to keep talking about the Fallout franchise. You know... for when they announce something really cool soon. Like today at VGX :p

apparently no announcement at the Spike VGA show but it will most likely come shortly afterwards...Skyrim was the same way I believe...plus the teaser site listed 12/11/2013 so that might be the official date

OMG you guys should read the reddit if you haven't.:D

It's hilarious, buncha gullible guppies. It's fake OK. Totally confirmed fake. Yet people are still holding on to some glimmer. Oh Bethesda only said "No Comment. It could still be real." I'm not gonna lie and say I didn't wish it was real, but it isn't. This is like some kind of weird reverse troll Stockholm syndrome over there. Hell, with all the effort those guys went through during all of this, they could have done their own fallout 4.

OMG you guys should read the reddit if you haven't.:D

It's hilarious, buncha gullible guppies. It's fake OK. Totally confirmed fake. Yet people are still holding on to some glimmer. Oh Bethesda only said "No Comment. It could still be real." I'm not gonna lie and say I didn't wish it was real, but it isn't. This is like some kind of weird reverse troll Stockholm syndrome over there. Hell, with all the effort those guys went through during all of this, they could have done their own fallout 4.

Well, fake or not, I think it's a safe assumption that Fallout 4 is being worked on. It'll probably be Beth's next game regardless.

Your bones are scraped clean by the desolate wind, your vault will now surely die... as you have.

The creator of Fallout 4 hoax thesurvivor2299.com has held a Reddit AMA to discuss his trolling of the series' fanbase, and explain his aim of forcing Bethesda into showing something of the unannounced project..."Some men just want to watch the world burn," the faker explained. "I wanted to force Bethesda to reveal something during VGX, and bring [the Reddit] Fallout community together (for at least 3 weeks). Unfortunately, this plan failed."...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ebsite-designed-to-troll-force-bethesdas-hand

If anything, it just brought more positive attention to Fallout 4, I aint even mad bro. However, if they come out and say that the Fallout series is moving to MMO, imma kill someone.

If anything, it just brought more positive attention to Fallout 4, I aint even mad bro. However, if they come out and say that the Fallout series is moving to MMO, imma kill someone.

That's why bethesda did a "no comment" which is in a huge way bullshit because they are using it as publicity.

If someone REALLY wants to leverage them into it, do another one.. that way they look like douches if they keep playing the same response hype. :p

So they moved the date to 12-27 now? ... I am on a business trip and noticed we were past the date but no one was talking about the announcement ... Hopefully the will announce something on that day

So they moved the date to 12-27 now? ... I am on a business trip and noticed we were past the date but no one was talking about the announcement ... Hopefully the will announce something on that day

The whole thing was a hoax. The timer ran out and there was a rickroll if I remember correctly. I don't know why he put another date back on the site now that we all know it's not Bethesda. There was a reddit AMA with him and he did say he made a fake trailer. That's what was supposed to show when the timer ran out, before Bethesda told him to shut it down. So maybe he's going to release the trailer on that day, now that we know it's fake.

Last edited:
The whole thing was a hoax. The timer ran out and there was a rickroll if I remember correctly. I don't know why he put another date back on the site now that we all know it's not Bethesda. There was a reddit AMA with him and he did say he made a fake trailer. That's what was supposed to show when the timer ran out, before Bethesda told him to shut it down. So maybe he's going to release the trailer on that day, now that we know it's fake.

Good to know ... I have been traveling a lot this month so missing out on all my gaming news

Back