Fallout 4 Official Trailer

lol, This is a self absorbed, clueless, entitled individual.

He doesn't get that he isn't alone in this world. That his bone headed decisions effect others. that buy being bone headed that he encourages bad behavior on the part of greedy developers, that by letting them get away with delivering crap cause people are willing to pay for goods before they are proven worthy of purchase.

Don't tell me what I can or can't do with my money . blah blah blah, stupid !:rolleyes:

I'm just guessing, but I think this is what he was getting at :D

When people say junk like this, I question if they even buy games to begin with. The reasons not to preorder mean nothing if you don't pay for your games games anyway, and if you do pay for games you have everything to gain by holding your money until receiving a great product.

Perhaps you should play it a little closer to the chest?

Wow are you no-preorder people ever annoying. Stop trying to force others into your stupid movement which has not, and will never accomplish anything. I am going to make it my mission to pre-order an addition copy of a game for every no-preorder post I see.

Every place that I have been today that has a similar thread going all have one thing in common. They have all devolved into a shitfest, seriously, why does this happen?

I take responsibility for this one. Pre-ordering is a pet peeve and I was hoping that given some of the discussions here, [H] had moved past them. It was OT and I should have kept my big fat mouth shut. Sorry [H]! :eek:

I take responsibility for this one. Pre-ordering is a pet peeve and I was hoping that given some of the discussions here, [H] had moved past them. It was OT and I should have kept my big fat mouth shut. Sorry [H]! :eek:

I can understand pre-orders, if there is a limited release edition of a physical copy and that is what you want. Forza 4 Collectors Edition for example. Even pre-ordered you ran the risk of not being able to get it at launch. BestBuy, for example, took in far more pre-orders than they recieved allocations and then canceled 3 months worth of pre-orders just just 72 hours before launch.

I will concede for digital distribution, where physical supply constraints are not an issue, pre-orders don't have the same appeal.

I think the real question for me is "when will this come out in GotY edition with all the DLC bundled an on sale 75% off?" Summer sale 2017? Winter sale 2017?

Yea, by that time I should be able to upgrade the 2500k and 6970.

Aren't there usually preorder incentives for digital copies too? Not enough for me to do it but some people like unique armors or weapons or whatever/

I would like to see a major sound track, 3-5x more songs then the last two games which had had great sound tracks!

I can understand pre-orders, if there is a limited release edition of a physical copy and that is what you want. Forza 4 Collectors Edition for example. Even pre-ordered you ran the risk of not being able to get it at launch. BestBuy, for example, took in far more pre-orders than they recieved allocations and then canceled 3 months worth of pre-orders just just 72 hours before launch.

I will concede for digital distribution, where physical supply constraints are not an issue, pre-orders don't have the same appeal.

Sure, and I get that. I missed out on the titanfall bundle with the giant mech statue.

I hope it has proper 21:9 support (centered HUD), and a dialogue option to pet the animals. Including deathclaws.

Wow are you no-preorder people ever annoying. Stop trying to force others into your stupid movement which has not, and will never accomplish anything. I am going to make it my mission to pre-order an addition copy of a game for every no-preorder post I see.

I feel the same way about always-online DRM complainers.

I mean, yay and all because it's Fallout. BUT holy crap does that look like ass. No SSAO to be seen, low res textures, missing shadows, and HDR reminiscent of Source.
Better to have lower expectations and then surpass them than the current trend with A:CM, W_D, W3, etc.

I'll gladly pay you today for a video game next year.

If anything, it's the most financially responsible thing a person can do!

rwD60k6.gif

I can't believe you guys are arguing about preordering a video game like the entire debate over paying for a piece of software that is a means of entertainment before or after its release is some huge, noteworthy thing that is worth worrying about. How sad. :(

No-preorder and you are planing to buy the game? Might as well not pay when it comes out either. What are those special sites with 100% discounts again? lol :p

I think we need another thread on this. Somebody start a couple more threads so we can maximize the importance of such debates. Because when multiple threads a going at the same time you get that much more collaboration and cohesion among the readership. In fact, it's almost noon where I'm at and nobody has started a new 980Ti availability thread yet. That needs to get done.

To me, when pre-ordering is silly is when they offer for pre-order "special edition" (or whatever) packs with as yet unnamed but promised DLC. So for your hundred bucks you get the game fresh off the assembly line, bugs and all, plus you are the proud owner of four "expansion" packs trickled out every three months following release that consist of--surprise!--various colored socks and hats for your character. And then once enough people complain about how buggy the game was, everyone gets the socks for free anyway.

If you're just "pre-ordering" the game itself at the price it's going to be upon release anyway, who cares? I mean I personally wouldn't do it but knock yourself out.

I can't believe you guys are arguing about preordering a video game like the entire debate over paying for a piece of software that is a means of entertainment before or after its release is some huge, noteworthy thing that is worth worrying about. How sad. :(

Not sure if sarcastic troll or just ignorant... :confused:

Not sure if sarcastic troll or just ignorant... :confused:

If ignorance means having some sort of realistic perspective where it's not reasonable to get my panties in a bunch over what someone is or isn't doing in relationship to a video game (which it does, btw), I'll gladly and proudly wear that badge. In fact, I'll polish it lots and stand near you until to make you feel silly so you can sort out life's priorities a little better after some public humiliation. :p

If ignorance means having some sort of realistic perspective where it's not reasonable to get my panties in a bunch over what someone is or isn't doing in relationship to a video game (which it does, btw), I'll gladly and proudly wear that badge. In fact, I'll polish it lots and stand near you until to make you feel silly so you can sort out life's priorities a little better after some public humiliation. :p

Nope, it mean being willfully naive of the impact preorders have on devs, gamers and game quality. It's an economic incentive for decreased quality and increased cost to us.

Nope, it mean being willfully naive of the impact preorders have on devs, gamers and game quality. It's an economic incentive for decreased quality and increased cost to us.

Emphasis on the word "game" to help with the perspective a little.

Personally, I find it crazy to pre order something before we even know the release date, but that's just me. :eek:

Emphasis on the word "game" to help with the perspective a little.

What does it matter? Are people not allowed to have an opinion on something? Am I not allowed to say X is dumb, don't do it, simply because it's not a matter of life and death?

And it's kind of silly to say that being as [H] is a website focused on PC gaming. This is a community whose perspective IS video gaming: An industry that accounted for over $100 billion last year. So what's your point?

Recent pre release fails have been extensively pilloried, e.g. Assassin's Creed. I imagine avoiding that sort of huge embarrassment offsets to some degree concerns over feesing dev complacency by pre ordering.

What does it matter? Are people not allowed to have an opinion on something? Am I not allowed to say X is dumb, don't do it, simply because it's not a matter of life and death?

And it's kind of silly to say that being as [H] is a website focused on PC gaming. This is a community whose perspective IS video gaming: An industry that accounted for over $100 billion last year. So what's your point?

You realize creepyunclegoogle is this boards most dedicated troll?

Thanks for clarifying, but that sure is a long way to say "I'm trolling."

I love Bethesda's Fallout series, even more than the Elder Scrolls series, which is very good in its own way. They are the only games I will even consider pre-ordering. I know there will be bugs on launch day and it will take several patches to get everything working mostly properly, but honestly, that is part of the allure for me - but only with these franchises. Whenever I've encountered a Fallout or Elder Scrolls glitch, it was an entertaining experience, rather than one where I have lost all my progress and been forced to start the game over from scratch, like more than a few other games have done to me.

this is one of the only game series I have bootlegged in 10 years since being a teenager and an adult. I bootlegged fallout3 and las vegas. I loved the games so much i immediately purchased them and that was the last time I saw it as an option for gaming. I now fully support these games (however teens/broke college kids not so much) . I bought both games two more times once on ps3 and once on a steam fire sale for my wife's pc. Then I bought them both a 4th time for my nephew who is now an addict.

I think that is karma, lol I now have both games purchased 4x.

The amount of money that's spent in totality isn't relevant to an individual making a purchase decision. Or in this case, a decision being made by someone you don't even know personally and will likely never meet. That aside, computers do a lot more than execute game applications.

The amount of money that's spent in totality isn't relevant to an individual making a purchase decision. Or in this case, a decision being made by someone you don't even know personally and will likely never meet. That aside, computers do a lot more than execute game applications.

oh_wait_gif.gif

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Game looks awesome. So glad they added that badass dog for a companion.:)

I wonder if we can have multiple simutaineous companions? Hope so!

I have no idea what you are talking about.

That does explain a little, I guess. :)

Lemme make it kinda simpler. The $100 billion you cited as an industry-wide monetary figure doesn't represent the amount a single person spends and isn't relevant or meaningful. It shouldn't be a factor in whether or not you decide to get upset about someone on a forum that you've never met deciding to preorder (or not preorder) a video game.

It's entertainment. It's meaningless. Individual purchase decisions are not something to get excited about or worth having a nerd-hair-pull-slap-fight over the Internet.

It's entertainment. It's meaningless. Individual purchase decisions are not something to get excited about or worth having a nerd-hair-pull-slap-fight over the Internet.

That's the most defeatist thing you could possibly say. Try this one on for size:

It's government. It's meaningless. Individual votes are not something to get excited about or worth having a nerd-hair-pull-slap-fight over the Internet.

You're basically just saying there are too many people's minds to change for anything to be effective, but when everyone says that, nothing gets done. All you have to do is get started. I understand it's easy to feel discouraged, but there are already enough people paying attention to make a difference if everyone who's been debating simply started acting.

It's entertainment. It's meaningless.

Well, that's a personal value proposition. I, like many people with stressful jobs and hectic family lives, value entertainment (in this case gaming) on a level much higher than you apparently do. Furthermore, as was discussed above, it's more than just the game: it impacts you. It drives the cost of games up and drives the amount of content down. It also negatively impacts developers, with whom some of us are good friends, and we see how it impacts their jobs and their lives and the choices they are forced to make about developing a game... or not.

So, no. It's not meaningless. No more meaningless than any other art form: movies, music, books, paintings, photography, etc.- the value is determined by the consumer. If gaming is meaningless to you; why are you here?

Back