Fallout 4 Completed With Zero Kills In Survival Mode

HardOCP News

[H] News
So some guy decided to play through Fallout 4 in survival mode with zero kills. When I say zero kills, I mean no robots, no turrets, nothing. I've embedded the first video below, hit the link above for the complete list of all thirty seven videos.

I am tempted to watch as I would like to know how he got through a few parts of the story without killing anyone. But I can only imagine how boring it would be the watch with all stealth.

Shows that some people have idle time on their hands. I'm both jealous and sorry for them. I would find a million better things to do than play fallout lol.

Shows that some people have idle time on their hands. I'm both jealous and sorry for them. I would find a million better things to do than play fallout lol.

What people do in their free time to create enjoyment should not need your pity. The same could be said about what you do for enjoyment. Unless one's time is spent benefiting others, it is just a selfish usage of time, which there is nothing wrong with.

I am tempted to watch as I would like to know how he got through a few parts of the story without killing anyone. But I can only imagine how boring it would be the watch with all stealth.

Especially given how bad FO4 AI is at stock WRT stealth and sneaking. Put a bullet in a raiders head and 10 seconds later all his friends are like "oh heck with it must have been the weather that killed him".

this reminds me of like a TAS with all the loading/reloading/etc to get outcomes they want.

waaaiiiit, I'm not sure 'no kill' counts if you just let NPCs do it for you.
semantics...sheesh

Why do you pity someone who clearly does what he likes? And why act superior when you're the one without ample free time?

There are tradeoffs to having free time. You could work 16+ hours a day, sleep for 8 hours or less per day if that is what you enjoy, or have to do. Or work 7 hours a day and have 17 hours to do with what you want.

On topic, interesting goal to pursue. I find the FO games boring enough playing the standard way, but still commendable to go through the game in an original way.

Why do you pity someone who clearly does what he likes? And why act superior when you're the one without ample free time?

They're playing a scripted game and obviously doing it repeatedly to achieve this. Can you spell loser? LOL!

Zero kill playthrough, yet he has the NPCs killing mobs. Why was this worth posting as news?

Umm I think listening to this guy speak without killing someone is worth a medal..

Played FO4 for 10 hours, got bored and deleted it !!!
I'm not there, yet, but can feel it coming. The only thing that keeps me going is how much FO3 kicked into high gear at the halfway point.

Just curious, but did you enjoy past Fallout games?
I'm a huge FO fan. Logged hundreds of hours in 1 and 2. I really wanted 3 to follow in its turn-based RPG predecessors' footsteps, but it still turned out to be a good game.

So some guy decided to play through Fallout 4 in survival mode with zero kills. When I say zero kills, I mean no robots, no turrets, nothing. I've embedded the first video below, hit the link above for the complete list of all thirty seven videos.

Actually if you bothered to even watch the video then you would have known there were kills. Derp.

Actually if you bothered to even watch the video then you would have known there were kills. Derp.

You must be new to this.

It's zero kills registered by the game. If you look at his kill stats, they are all 0 across the board. This is because the game doesn't credit you with kills made by NPC's, so the trick is to make NPC's do the dirty work or find other means of dispatching your enemy using the environment so that the player is not credited with the kill.

I hope this clears that up for you.

waaaiiiit, I'm not sure 'no kill' counts if you just let NPCs do it for you. semantics...sheesh

Zero kill playthrough, yet he has the NPCs killing mobs. Why was this worth posting as news?

It's not as easy as it sounds. In fact, he's the only person to have done it in survival mode. I will gladly post links to your video playthrough when you are done. ;)

Last edited:
You must be new to this.

It's zero kills registered by the game. If you look at his kill stats, they are all 0 across the board. This is because the game doesn't credit you with kills made by NPC's, so the trick is to make NPC's do the dirty work or find other means of dispatching your enemy using the environment so that the player is not credited with the kill.

I hope this clears that up for you.

It's not as easy as it sounds. In fact, he's the only person to have done it in survival mode. I will gladly post links to your video playthrough when you are done. ;)

Ah, as regestered by the game's built in stats, gotcha that actually makes sense. And yeah I am pretty new to Fallout 4. I'm still on my first playthrew. It's a great game!

Especially given how bad FO4 AI is at stock WRT stealth and sneaking. Put a bullet in a raiders head and 10 seconds later all his friends are like "oh heck with it must have been the weather that killed him".

What are you playing on super easy? That you or must have your stealth and sneaking up high. If I try that I have everyone within a mile coming after me.

waaaiiiit, I'm not sure 'no kill' counts if you just let NPCs do it for you.
semantics...sheesh

That part makes more sense. I am only 180 hours into the game and not yet to the major fork in the story where you have to decide which faction to follow, so assuming won't have the game beat till around 300 hours but already I have been at points where somebody would have needed to be killed and was trying to figure how they would have gotten through stuff like that without anyone being killed by anything.

Back