Fallout 4 BUG - Pixilating at adges and some background. Need help.

etherdose

n00b
heya Folks!

I have a big issue with Fallout 4 distance rendering and small town/closed room pixaling errors. It looks REALLY block all around npcs and other objects when in a small room or a town. When in open world exploring it shows up near the distance more. Things look coated with pixels and blocks. Here's the rub. I DID research and discovered the "run F4 launcher and set all to 'LOW' settings, then turn off GODRAYS, then reset all settings to higher" trick. This did not work. Am I doing it wrong or is there any other possibilities?? Very frustrated as everything worked on first install, and after traveling and discovering a few locations, I got to the giant town with the cooking robot, (forgot the town's name.) Anyhow, it seems as soon as I got there, all the characters where super pixalted around their edges and the towns horizon was just as bad. Please....need help. This game is my drug of choice and it sucks not to play it during my "wind down time." Ideas? Suggestions? I am all ears.....(err...well eyes in this case.) ;-)
Note = It flickers from boxy pixels to normal as I turn the view then back again. I don't think it's my graphics card because it works fine on other games. :)

Also, I tinkered with my Nvidia card settings and I didn't think that's it. It ran fine a day ago and something I must have altered using a game settings modification program must have screwed something up. I used many mods on Nexus mod program from the nexus site, but I uninstalled all mods and no changes. I do believe this to be some type of graphics adjustment, but after 2 hours straight of changing this..reloading...checking....changing something else again....reloading...checking... (RINSE...REPEAT...) I am near manic. I will be checking this post off and on and I really would be humbly grateful for solutions. Thank you all.

ScreenShot1.jpg

ScreenShot0.jpg

Note = On the first image, notice how bad the pixiling is around the mannequin. in the second pic, notice the red/blue flags? Some of the bugs cannot be eaily seen, but when you move or turn the pixil errors are rough around edges and this is not Vsync errors. I tried almost every setting on my Gefore Nvidia card. It was working fine this morning, so I am not sure what I changed or altered in the settings to cause this. :-/

While you are waiting let me take this excuse to give your thread a bump. :)

Chances are you have already looked over all of this several times but just in case, since you have an Nvidia card:

Fallout 4 Graphics, Performance & Tweaking Guide | GeForce | GeForce

Fallout 4 - Fallout 4 Performance and Image Quality Preview

Fallout 4 - Modding Fallout 4 for Image Quality & Immersive Gameplay

Very handy and convenient. Manual download to use: Fallout 4 Configuration Tool - By Bilago at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

Bonus:

FAR - Faraway Area Reform (LOD) at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (I may mess with this myself soon)

So... you installed a bunch of mods and broke the game, then uninstalled the mods, game's still broken. Did you do a full wipe? Like, copy your saves, uninstall completely, reinstall? That's next obvious step here.

Well....

Here's the scoop. As a heads up, I didn't just junk on a ton of mods. I did on my first play through of the game, then I started to get super bad glitches in workshop items not showing up and things not working. I got pissed then started my whole game over. GONE to all the nice and tower high settlements I built, (one even reaching an over hanging bridge to connect beautifully to the rest of the camp,) etc. On my reinstall and further research, I realized it was unpatched and I wasn't even using the newer .5 version of patches. I use all the addons but what I also found is that my older install of the game was not liking Keywords when I was running Homemaker ,(and other various mods.) on my new "build" of the game, I don't use keywords any longer.
So, getting about 20 mods, I started playing with no problem but I still was not taking my time and testing every damn mod as I plugged it in. On my last batch of installed mods I got the weird jagged aura pixilating errors I mentioned above. I tried EVERY possible game setting using a setting altering mod, ( Fallout Tweaker 1.3.3 by Bilago,) and also worked hard to modify the settings for the Invidia update to specify specific changes to the game itself while using the graphics card updated software. Nope.
After getting super frustrated and uninstalling all mods by accident, (forgot to restart the Nexus Mod Manager since the bug started where you have to restart NMM when you add a new mod then re-active all them again.) I noticed the jagged weird pixaling disappeared from the distant rooms border, (when indoors,) and the area around NPCs wasn't in that awful "boxy" halo. After painstakingly starting each mod, loading game, observing for pixialing, then going to the next one and repeating said process, I came to a discovery. The "Scrap Everything" mod was doing this! HUH!? Wtf? So...I did more research and I starting using the Housecleaning mod. It also came with a compatibility fix that claims to also work with other "cleaner/scrap mods." I kinda like Scrap Everything better as it seems to scrap more, so I got rid of Housecleaning and switched back to Scrap Everything but this time I used the patch included with Housecleaning. BINGO. Everything was fine and no more pixalations! So, all being said, I do NOT keep a mod until I am tested it thoroughly right after installation. No more batch mod installs. Hell no. I learned my lesson. Just as well I don't plan to build on every damn settlement some monolith sky touching structure that takes a few days of painstaking work and effort. In fact, I plan NOT to activate all the settlements in favor of keeping only maybe 2 running, (possibly the ones that the main story forces you to open.) That or I may kill all the NPC settler in Greygarden to take the location since FO4 doesn't fault you with some overdrawn karma system, (like "HEY....you stole an empty glass bottle!! You karma has gone DOWN you evil bad guy you" like it was in Fallout 3.) I also do not plan this time to get a bunch of area modification "homes/dwellings" added or new home locations underground. Many of these are awesome but I find just using a 3 story tiny apartment in Goodneighbor works just fine if I order the storage boxes nicely and keep it lovingly detailed for RP purposes. This all being said....if anyone has any comments or replies about better unlocked home locations OR better scrap mods than Scrap Everything, please e-mail me at "[email protected]" I may not recheck these posts after the dust settles and I crave feedback of any sort pertaining to building, modding, new locations I might like, or game alterations. Please feel free to. I check my e-mail every other day, so let me know if I might do something better. Example? Well....I still can't get this whole "load order" thing down, but I do know you put master files up top.
Anyhow....thank all who replied or does reply too late and I hope this lengthy response/post might better direct someone else with the same issue. I think I love mods too much as I check the Nexus forum daily for anything new. I am just not a big weapons mod person. I am more about locations and neat item or function ability files. Anyway, thank you! Now......back to my addiction called Fallout 4. And yes, I plan to get a vault boy tattoo soon by a very good tat artist. Weird eh?? Devoted?? Maybe. Cheers!

giant block of text hurts me eyes

Delete and reinstall Fallout 4, and take your time when moding, hell save extra copys of the data folder a few times

really though giant block of text break it up some :p

Back