Fallout 3 - very dark indoors

LittleMeEgo

Limp Gawd
This game is so very dark in much of the indoor/underground areas. Is there a light source we can get? I turn my screen brightness up but that doesn't do enough.

just in case it helps...try your pipboy! hold down tab for the light to activate

Yeah... hold the Pipboy activation button (Either TAB on keyboard or B on the 360 controller), and you'll get a weak flashlight. It doesn't run out of juice every 2 seconds either, NICE!

This game is so very dark in much of the indoor/underground areas. Is there a light source we can get? I turn my screen brightness up but that doesn't do enough.

Did you also turn up the in-game brightness?

Great! Yes TAB key works! Much better, but yes the light doesn't go too far. Here are some comparison screenshots:

Yeah, it's more like a glow stick. Wouldn't mind night vision goggles. :)

^^ I see good mod potential on that idea. :)

Haven't gotten far enough in the game, but are there night vision goggles?

I bet the Oblivion "Night Eye" shaders are still in the game, if/when we get a CS, it may be an easy mod to make.

I bet the Oblivion "Night Eye" shaders are still in the game, if/when we get a CS, it may be an easy mod to make.

I was thinking the exact same thing while I was traversing the metro tunnels the other day. . .

Crashes have prevented me from getting far enough to find out. :(

If there isn't such a thing...I'll bet some intrepid modder will make it happen before long. :)

Back