Fallout 3: Original Game Soundtrack - Exclusive Vinyl LP

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Hold onto your man-buns and pull up your skinny jeans, because you are about to blown away by the sonic stylings of Fallout 3 on vinyl. Hear it like you never heard it before, with real static! I suggest having a few triple iced mocha lattes so you can Snapchat your way to the release date of the 30th, but make sure you don't miss that part-time DJ gig at the thrift shop. And this record is only $30. WooHoo!

That's why we're so excited to get our hands on this pre-war relic: the vinyl LP of the original game soundtrack, in a radaway yellow variant made just for ThinkGeek. Featuring the instrumental and ambient themes of Fallout 3 that will put you right back in the Capital Wasteland. Available in LP format now, holodisk coming in 2277. Stay tuned!

I kind of want it. But how many people are going to buy it who don't have a record player?

So now you can play back songs that they digitally added vinyl crack effects to on a cracked vinyl. Won't lie, I think that could be interesting, even for just the novelty effect.

I kind of want it. But how many people are going to buy it who don't have a record player?

No one plays records anymore. 90% of vinyl records sold today are bought as "collectibles" despite what all the audiophiles say. Since almost all music today is digitally recorded and digitally mixed the end format doesn't really make a difference anyway.

No one plays records anymore. 90% of vinyl records sold today are bought as "collectibles" despite what all the audiophiles say. Since almost all music today is digitally recorded and digitally mixed the end format doesn't really make a difference anyway.

I do actually. But I would like to think I'm the exception and not the rule.

Speaking of Fallout 3 music, I found this at a used CD place once.

zpcNpdJ.jpg

I'm still waiting for the Quake soundtrack on vinyl to actually release. I don't collect a lot of things, and I don't have an extensive vinyl collection, (nor currently anything to play it on, but that's another story) but I do collect very specific records that I find to be very intriguing. (or have a special place in my brain somewhere)

Examples: Ghostbusters Soundtrack, Black Mass: Lucifer, Ed Rush/Optical Mindscan Remix, KMFDM Godlike, etc. Quake will fit right in. I just wish he'd hurry up and release it. I've been refreshing the page every so often since I read about it.

As far as being on topic... No interest in the Fallout 4 soundtrack. :D

I feel like this is something that should have been in the original Fallout 3 collectors edition that I purchased.

Meh, Fallout 1 & 2 will always be my favorites.

Not a "record player", but a turntable.

Which, if memory serves, might wobble, but they don't fall down.

Run DMC joke of the day...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a DAC on your system, and you go to go YouTube to see and hear what it sounds like, then you are hearing an analog signal converted from digital signal, played by an analog device, playing an analog medium from a soundtrack that was produced digitally with analog sound effects that are sourced digitally, from an analog device (vinyl player). Interesting...

If you have a DAC on your system, and you go to go YouTube to see and hear what it sounds like, then you are hearing an analog signal converted from digital signal, played by an analog device, playing an analog medium from a soundtrack that was produced digitally with analog sound effects that are sourced digitally, from an analog device (vinyl player). Interesting...

There may be some analog synthesis on there, so SOME of the source sounds could have started as analog too. (of course so were any other recorded sounds...) :D

Back