Fallout 3 half price on Steam this weekend

Link is blocked at work. What's the price?

I'm slightly concerned as I know some games don't play so nice with Steam. Anyone have this on Steam with no issues playing/patching/etc?

Also, is it true that a GOTY version with the first 4 add-ons included is coming out at some point? Been waiting on a cheap(er) FO3 forever and I don't want to make the wrong move.

how's the steam version with accepting mods/DLC? these days steam is pretty good with handling mods, this true for FO3?

Finally! Been waiting for FO3 to get cheaper for ever. I don't buy games over $30.. :)

Also wondering about the DLC questions, do they work the same with the Steam version?

edit: Thanks for the tip!!

Last edited:
Yes, DLC works with the steam version. It's done via the Games for Windows live feature in game.

In the Hot Deals section it was clarified to me that in October a GOTY edition will be coming out that includes all 5 of the DLC (5th yet to be released).

I'm going to wait for that since if I get the vanilla game for $25 and pay $10 per DLC I'd end up spending more than holding out for the GOTY. Probably gonna pass on this. Not sure I trust Steam with this since I've had issues with other games bought through Steam that weren't vALVE games or required Steam in one way or another.

Sooooo tempted. I have it on XBox 360 but I've wanted it for the PC just for the shear fact of being able to really mod the crap out of it.

I'm torn between waiting until October for the game pack and buying this.

I can deal with buying the add-ons separately, man I'm going to have to sleep on this one.

Sooooo tempted. I have it on XBox 360 but I've wanted it for the PC just for the shear fact of being able to really mod the crap out of it.

I'm torn between waiting until October for the game pack and buying this.

I can deal with buying the add-ons separately, man I'm going to have to sleep on this one.

Why wait when you can start enjoying many hours of a hell of a great game? It's the ideal game for a long, hot summer. :)

i love how badly us New Zealanders get shafted with prices sometimes.

http://i41.tinypic.com/23rnubp.jpg

oh yeah, thats American dollars, so total cost is $56ish NZ, its still half the retail cost of the game here though. Games are $100 new here.

I hated it but for those people that like MMO/cod4 ish, probably a good game for you XD

I don't think there's a real excuse for any gamer not to pick this up, especially at that price. This is a AAA game, there are no two ways about it. Classic.

I don't think there's a real excuse for any gamer not to pick this up, especially at that price. This is a AAA game, there are no two ways about it. Classic.

If you disliked Oblivion and expect something similar to the first 2 games, then there's an excuse not to pick it up.

If you disliked Oblivion and expect something similar to the first 2 games, then there's an excuse not to pick it up.

I still think there are many reasons you may have disliked Oblivion and still might enjoy Fallout -- they're almost entirely different. Sure it's the same engine and it's a first person action/rpg, but gameplay wise they're quite different. It's almost like comparing Sin 2 and Halflife 1/2. I laugh when I read people calling it Oblivion in the future....they're just looking for reasons to put the game down.

Fallout 3 might not be an isometric turn based strategy, but it's certainly a worthy entry in the series. Sure, if you're one of those stubborn "it isn't how it used to be!!!" kinds of people you may not like it, but it's a universally acclaimed GOTY winning title. Bethesda took an old, loved franchise, and reinvented it. I have no problem recommending it, and again at this price it's a friggin steal.

I picked up mass effect instead of this a couple months ago and got bored REAL fast. I did enjoy Oblivion, but hated the atmosphere. I loved Bioshock. I got bored with HL2, but loved Ep 2. Will I like this game? No, will I love this game?

-posted from my pre!

Bought it. I just couldn't wait until October for the pack. If theres one thing I don't like about the game on the 360, it the fact that it can't be modded like the PC version can. Oblivion was one of my all time favorite games. I still haven't beaten it. I also have Morrowind which has yet to be installed because I swore it wouldn't get played until I beat Oblivion.

I'll still play the 360 version just for the Achievments. The PC version is strictly going to be for modding and goofing off. :)

Now I'm off to DL Fallout 1 and 2. :)

I picked up mass effect instead of this a couple months ago and got bored REAL fast. I did enjoy Oblivion, but hated the atmosphere. I loved Bioshock. I got bored with HL2, but loved Ep 2. Will I like this game? No, will I love this game?

-posted from my pre!

I'm in the same boat. Mass Effect didn't resonate well with me. I hated the combat system in the game and it moved into the "Not Installed" list shortly after buying. I fear Fallout will do the same thing unless someone tells me otherwise.

Quick Question - I'm so tempted to pick this up, but I'm a sucker for series.

I've never played fallout 1 or 2. Is there anything added to the series if I were to play and finish these two games first?

I checked around, and interplay is offering Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics for a DRM-free download at $20. I'm tempted to pick all of them up, and then play 3 after I finish the first two.
:D

Except for the same Environment (endtime, after nuclear war), the game has nothing in common with part 1 or 2 of the series. However, i personally think it's one of the best games made in the last 5 years or so.

Any more thoughts on this? I did get to play from start to just outside the vault and def did enjoy that.

I played probably 80+ hours on the PS3 when it was first released. I literally got burned out on it. I beat it and was totally let down by the ending. I have since put together the PC shown in my sig....so....how has the game changed since the vanilla release days? Will it be a totally different experience on the PC with some mods and DLC?

I played probably 80+ hours on the PS3 when it was first released. I literally got burned out on it. I beat it and was totally let down by the ending. I have since put together the PC shown in my sig....so....how has the game changed since the vanilla release days? Will it be a totally different experience on the PC with some mods and DLC?

Absolutely yes. The PS3 version was the one that got screwed over the most so you're in for basically a brand new experience outright across the boards.

Oh yeah, the story doesn't end.Broken Steel takes up where the main story left off. There is also the PITT and Point Outlook to keep you busy. Also Mods make the game so much better. check them out at www.fallout3nexus.com You prolly will spend more time looking for mods than playing the game haha. Its addicting.

I finally had no excuse not to buy it. There goes a bunch of my time.

How many add-ons are there thus far? Operation Anchorage, The Pitt. Is there one more or two?

I just picked up The Pitt and OA. Just wondering how many more there are.

How many add-ons are there thus far? Operation Anchorage, The Pitt. Is there one more or two?

I just picked up The Pitt and OA. Just wondering how many more there are.

Broken Steel. Point Lookout.

My system run this flawlessly with all settings maxed. Looking out across the land is just amazing. Some would consider it bland with it's coloring, but I think it's better then Oblivion due to it not just being trees or fields of grass. It's just detailed carnage/wreckage everywhere you look and it could be hiding anything.

I hated Oblivion, but love Fallout 3.

I bought the game on this deal, so now I own it on both the PC and 360. Nice thing is you can double dip with achievements, they stack. :D

Well I bought the game, and ever since I got myself 260gtx, man I have been playing this game a lot. Very interesting. A lot of places to explore.

I've played the hell out of this game already... going to wait until GOTY edition in October before giving it another run.

I played a bit of Oblivion and it seemed to be a good game, but I really can't get into swords and magic, give me bullets and grenades any day. I love Fallout 3 to death. Deathclaws are still scary as hell, power armor is still badass, it's just too bad the 14.5mm Sig Saur is gone...but I'm sure someone has modded it back in. Hahaha...Gary?

Back