Fallout 3 for PC $39.99 Target In-Store

well i checked into the pricing today at work. the label on the shelf only says "Fallout 3 $69.99." normally it would say "collector's ed" or something similar in smaller print on the label to denote the difference, but it doesn't for some reason (which is why employees are placing the boxes there). i scanned the boxes we had on the shelf to see what the deal was on the price. the boxes we had were all regular editions and were $39.99. this was actually the REGULAR PRICE of the item and not a sale price according to our system. so ya, not really sure why it's $10 cheaper than most new pc games, but i dont really care because im probably getting it tomorrow now haha.
so wait, let me get this straight, its only the regular edition that is ringing up as 39.99? so the collector's edition is ringing up correctly at 69.99?

so wait, let me get this straight, its only the regular edition that is ringing up as 39.99? so the collector's edition is ringing up correctly at 69.99?

no, Target is not stocking CE, so they're "advertising" $69.99 for regular edition but letting it ring up at $39.99

Bloomington, MN Target now has them in stock for $39.99. Had two or three left on the shelf as of 12:30 central time.

Great deal!!

my target in middletown, nj don't have squat.. no fallout anywhere.. meh

Just bought a copy here in Riverside, CA Target for 39.99. Same deal. Shelf shows 69.99 but the game rang up 39.99. I was going to wait to pick up the game until after I had finished Dead Space but it was too tempting to pass up. Now I fear I may not get back to Dead Space again for a looooong time. Thanks for the tip.

Went to Target tonight, the price on shelf for reg edition is $39.99. An employee confirmed that, but they were all out. :(

So I went to the closest Circuit City and did a PM. However, the associate was having trouble ringing it up because of their offer of the $10 gift card, which wasn't ringing up.

She just discounted it another ten, so I left paying $29.99 at CC. :D

Worth a try to PM at ".26 cents a share" Circuit City.

Went to Target tonight, the price on shelf for reg edition is $39.99. An employee confirmed that, but they were all out. :(

So I went to the closest Circuit City and did a PM. However, the associate was having trouble ringing it up because of their offer of the $10 gift card, which wasn't ringing up.

She just discounted it another ten, so I left paying $29.99 at CC. :D

Worth a try to PM at ".26 cents a share" Circuit City.

Nice move slick ;)

Grabbed the last copy yesterday at Target in Rio Rancho, NM...$39.99+tax. Sweet game so far. I'm going to Ten Penny tower.

After going to my fourth Target in Orlando, I FINALLY found a store with this. They had it listed as $69.99, but the price check scanner confirmed that it was #39.99. There are two left, or were an hour ago, at the FL Mall Target for anyone else in Orlando looking for this deal.

$39.99 at the Target in Depew NY. Priced and advertised on the shelf as such.

Went to Target in West New York in NJ and did a price scan. It came up as $39.99 and sales tax is 3.5%= $41.39.

They had quite a few in stock.

So I went back to target today even though I already have it, and in fact it does even ring up in this dead beat town at $39.99

Tihs game is amazing
I'm definitely getting it in the next few months when it hits under $30 shipped, or $50 for collector's edition

Looking at Bethesda's track record for discounting their hit titles, it will most likely take longer than a few months for this game to drop under MSRP price unless a retailer decides to put it on sale.

Shoot, Oblivion was full price for years out until they released the GOTY edition w/ expansions included in it.

Grabbed this at my local (Baton Rouge, LA) Target yesterday. They had 5 copies left, the shelf was marked $69.95, but I paid $39.95 like everyone else. I'm wondering if/when Target will mark this game up ten bucks.

My Target had the shelf labeled at $39.99 but had no stock. Suddenly the price goes up on Friday to $49.99 and they miraculously have stock. Bah!

I was thinking about doing a price match, but how can you price match it if its showing up as 49.99 on their website???

Have them call a local store and look it up. I have had best buy do it before.

Problem is, the people at the Target store are probably going to look at the displayed price and come back with, "Yup, we gots it. $69.99." Then they goober at Store X is going to look at you all puzzled-like and say, "Well sure, if you want to pay more, we can let you do that."

Problem is, the people at the Target store are probably going to look at the displayed price and come back with, "Yup, we gots it. $69.99." Then they goober at Store X is going to look at you all puzzled-like and say, "Well sure, if you want to pay more, we can let you do that."

Get aggressive, tell the best buy guy to make them look up the UPC code.

Thanks for the tip. I live in downtown Bellevue, so Factoria is only 5 min away.

Back