Fallout 3 Crashes

-(Xyphox)-

Supreme [H]ardness
So i have my new Rig up and Going and I installed Fallout 3 last night and I can not get the game to play at all. Double click on the fallout 3 launcher, it detects video settings. Then click play. A Black window comes up, then i get Fallout 3 as stopped working
Specs:
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
Core i7 920, EVGA E758-TR, 6GB of OCZ DDR3 12800, EVGA GTX 295 Co-Op Edition, Corsair 850TX.
Any Ideas?
System has all windows updates, and latest drivers

Fallout 3 is infamous for it's crashes...do some googling and you will see.

So i have my new Rig up and Going and I installed Fallout 3 last night and I can not get the game to play at all. Double click on the fallout 3 launcher, it detects video settings. Then click play. A Black window comes up, then i get Fallout 3 as stopped working
Specs:
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
Core i7 920, EVGA E758-TR, 6GB of OCZ DDR3 12800, EVGA GTX 295 Co-Op Edition, Corsair 850TX.
Any Ideas?
System has all windows updates, and latest drivers

Do you have ffdshow installed ?

The engine used for both Oblivion and Fallout 3 has some issues with it, so you need to add Fallout 3 to the FFDShow audio and video decoders exceptions list.

Fallout 3 is infamous for it's crashes...do some googling and you will see.

Do you have ffdshow installed ?

The engine used for both Oblivion and Fallout 3 has some issues with it, so you need to add Fallout 3 to the FFDShow audio and video decoders exceptions list.

i dont think i have that installed...
I have not installed any codec's

i dont think i have that installed...
I have not installed any codec's

Are you sure ? FFDShow is installed by commonly used codec/filter packs, such as CCCP.

If you do have it installed, it may be one of the reasons why Fallout 3 is having those kinds of problems.

Are you sure ? FFDShow is installed by commonly used codec/filter packs, such as CCCP.

If you do have it installed, it may be one of the reasons why Fallout 3 is having those kinds of problems.

I will have to check tonight, pc at home... i dont have remote service installed

What sound card? I know there was some issues with the Asus Xonar I have. May be issues with other cards too.

I had this problem with my C2Q with the latest patch.... game wouldn't even start (although 1.0 worked fine... strange).

setting it to run in compatibility mode (XP) made it start just fine, and another post here has a fix for quad cores and most of the CTD's. Do a search....

I had this problem with my C2Q with the latest patch.... game wouldn't even start (although 1.0 worked fine... strange).

setting it to run in compatibility mode (XP) made it start just fine, and another post here has a fix for quad cores and most of the CTD's. Do a search....

Well right now its still 1.0 I tried the compatibility mode and it does the same thing. I wounder if its the 64bit thing....

so am I... I honestly don't think thats the issue.

Try disabling hyper threading in the bios, see if that helps

Fresh install from Saturday. Just built PC

Even so it wouldn't hurt to uninstall then reinstall could of been a bad install no matter how freash.

also this thread describes the issue I had which is different than yours but still might help.
Link

You can try deleting the ini file and see if that works. Fallout 3 will automatically create a new one by itself.

You can try deleting the ini file and see if that works. Fallout 3 will automatically create a new one by itself.

Did that, same thing...
Black Screen comes up with circle spinning then goes Fallout has Stopped.....

Back