Fall Out fans, a question.

pothb

Supreme [H]ardness
Are the old fall out games, turn based strategy? or are they real time strategy?

I can't remember what youtube showed me, and I remember thinking, I have no clue from the video.

The way they are played. Gameplay... hmmm

how about this... do they play like syndicate wars, or do they play like advance wars?

Oh, I think the confusion came about, when I didn't state The BoS game. That might've been the only one that wasn't like the rest. (I don't really play fall out, except the 3rd and only for a bit on that.)

They have an action point system, whenever combat is initiated it starts the turn based system, your actions use action points, whenever all your action points are used, you have to select "end turn" then the AI uses its turn. So say it takes you 3 action points to move and another 3 to shoot, but you only have 5 , you have to make a choice to move,shoot or to take cover and even reload. So there is a bit of strategy involved.

The way they are played. Gameplay... hmmm

how about this... do they play like syndicate wars, or do they play like advance wars?

Oh, I think the confusion came about, when I didn't state The BoS game. That might've been the only one that wasn't like the rest. (I don't really play fall out, except the 3rd and only for a bit on that.)

Oh, Fallout Tactics. Its a strategy RPG.

They have an action point system, whenever combat is initiated it starts the turn based system, your actions use action points, whenever all your action points are used, you have to select "end turn" then the AI uses its turn.

This.

Kind of sucks if you're just trying to get somewhere and you don't feel like bothering with battles. Takes a few turns to leave the battle map.

Ah, thanks. That answers my questions. Might have to look it up then. I've been yearning for strategy games and I've outplayed FFT, Vanguard Bandits, etc.

This.

Kind of sucks if you're just trying to get somewhere and you don't feel like bothering with battles. Takes a few turns to leave the battle map.

+1

I wasn't able to finish the original game for that one fact too. If I wanted to get stopped every 30 seconds, fight a meaningless. easy enemy and rinse, repeat... I'd play FF1 on my NES.

If the game had a better ranged weapon that could hit more than one enemy, it would've been much more tolerable. For the most part, you have to go through each enemy one-by-one. You can have a few people in your group fighting with you, but you have to go through the movements of everything on the map.

Back