Falcon NW Fragbox 2 Tforce build / with pictures (56k warning - large pics)

soundmax

[H]ard|Gawd
Fragbox 2 New Setup

Fragbox2 Case / Liberty 500W PSU
Biostar Tforce 6100-939 Mobo
X2 3800+ CPU running at 2.65GHZ! (yep, and can do more), cooled with retail AMD heatpipe HSF with Coolermaster Led fan (Trick with these setups, SG01 and FB2 is to turn CPU fan upside down, so it pushes hot air into the PSU. That way i got 10C lower temp than with Zalman CNPS7000-CU), and similar results as people get with Nitrogen NT06, and system is whisper quiet)
7600GT Vid with Zalman VF700
1G PNY PC4000
Seagate Sata2 HD

FRGBX4.jpg

FRGBX2.jpg

TEMPS: IDLE = 42C ; LOAD = 58C (under 100% dual stress testing)

FANS: HSF Fan CoolerMaster - 1500RPM-2700RPM; SIDE CoolerMaster FAN - 1500RPM (completely silent); Back Fan - 1200RPM (completely silent). Whole setup is silent, and under full load HSF fan can be barely heard running at about 2650RPM.

Results:

2.jpg

2-1.jpg

synaps3 said:
Looks real nice. Why didn't you get a cheaper case and a 7950GX2?
This case is awesome, and i dont enjoy installing latest hardware in $60 case like qpack, when it looks like 3rd world country design. For my gaming needs 7600GT card is good enough, and i do design and video editing mostly, so video card plays no role..

very nice setup, and yeah, not everyone needs high end vid cards when they either game very little or non at all. looking at your frag box, I dont see any difference between yours and the original, if you could take some pics of the differences that'd be great, or maybe some internal shots too.

Too bad the design of this case have the PSU right on top of the CPU.

Otherwise, I think your X2 still have some juice left in it if you can up the voltage.

Great setup though.

Yeah, but can it fit the G80s? I like the look of the FragBox2 but if it cant hold the 8800GTX then its not gonna cut it for me. In any event yours looks pretty nice. :)

I believe it can hold 8800GTS as the 8800GTX is too long but it might be possible through modding.

No modding is required for this to fit the 8800GTX, but you will have to sacrifice the hard drive cage for it. I believe the external 3.5" drive bay can be used to install a hard drive instead of the hard drive cage.

So if you have 2 drives then you will have to sacrifice one? There must be a way of modding the case to allow the GTX and both harddrives to exist.

Temps are about the same as with stock heatsink. Idle around 42-43, load goes up to 60.

How'd you get one with the Falcon Northwest logo? I thought those were an option only for full system buyers?

Back