FakeFactory Cinematic Mod 9

pandora's box

Supreme [H]ardness
Cinematic Mod 9 is out btw, its not on filefront though some german site.

The general textures are all re-worked to look a lot better, and the soundtrack has been changed, AND additional damage realism has been increased. There's also a possibility he did something with the Alyx model because her face seems a little tightly stretched (it looked like she had trouble smiling in one instance), but you won't get the character pimper like seen in previous mods with CM 9 Base.

Also, CM 9 base DOES include the Orange Box engine in HL2 and Episode One, so you'll be able to use soft shadows, HDR, motion blur, and the cool particle engine from Episode Two in HL2 and Episode One.
http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=433786

http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=434346

ep2outland110034fb9.jpg

d3c1706a0048zm9.jpg

d3c1706a0034tr1.jpg

ep2outland060000nx6.jpg

d3c17130007vj4.jpg

ep2outland020011nu3.jpg

Although the Alyx models are kinda meh, apparently theres a HD version of the Valve model included though.

Download links:

Base:

http://www.exp.de/download.php?id=15798

HD-Add On:

http://www.exp.de/download.php?id=15792

I found the clanserver4u.de link to be the fastest mirror, downloading at 1mb/s

9.5 Coming around Christmas:

Cinematic_Mod_95_10.jpg

Cinematic_Mod_95_11.jpg

Cinematic_Mod_95_12.jpg

Fakefactory_Cinematic_Mod_9_5_a.jpg

Fakefactory_Cinematic_Mod_9_5_c.jpg

cinematic-mod-95-01.jpg

cinematic-mod-95-02.jpg

cinematic-mod-95-03.jpg

cinematic-mod-95-04.jpg

cinematic-mod-95-05.jpg

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...d_95-_New_screenshots_of_the_HL2_texture_mod/

Supposedly it will be a patch for version 9

Fakefactory can't make good high res versions of models. Which explains why he just made a new one.

Haven't played HL2 for awhile now. Might play again just for this mod :D

Anyway, if they were to release 9.5, will we be able to just patch it or do I have to download 4Gig of file again?

Sweet jesus.... Just finished downloaded V8 of the mod. Now I gotta download another? Ah well...

So I couldn't find a system requirements list in the posts; any idea?

Also, can't read a lick of that language, but I did see that it mentioned 32 bit. I know Vista can handle 32bit, but is there a major hit if it isn't 64bit?

Sweet jesus.... Just finished downloaded V8 of the mod. Now I gotta download another? Ah well...

So I couldn't find a system requirements list in the posts; any idea?

Also, can't read a lick of that language, but I did see that it mentioned 32 bit. I know Vista can handle 32bit, but is there a major hit if it isn't 64bit?

I remember last year when I first tried out CM8 it was x64 only.
It crashed nonstop on XP x32
That is one of the reasons why I switched over to Vista x64.

I wonder if this is the same.

you can play the cm9 base on 32bit, but the hd add-on requires 64bit. Reason is is because it runs out of ram on 32bit systems.

Some of the view distance increases are nice. But most of the characters still look horrid, especially alyx. The dude with the tache is pretty well done though.

The dude with the tache is pretty well done though.
I think that's Barry, hahah.

I wouldn't install the new human models either, gonna have to take the originals backup and copy them over when I've installed the mod. Vortigaunt looks nice.

I like the map effects. Models are not so good. Looks like I'll be reinstalling HL2 again!

It's nice that they are still doing this, but HL2 is one of those games I can't go through again once I've finished it once... And no matter what they do, it's still Source Engine and it will never look as pretty (especially outside with foliage) as the newer engines.

I'll take the old Alyx Vance over the "improved" version any day.

Regardless, the other characters and texture improvements look excellent.

Ha! I though Fake said he wasnt going to put out any more of the FF mods because to many people just bitched about them?

Gotta admit. every time he releases a new one, I go back and play through them all over again.

I really have never understood why they decided to remodel Alyx with that fucked-up looking face. Just high-resify the old one or something, instead. At least you get to choose the model, even if it looks weird having the default one running around the new shiny people.

God if that second screenshot is supposed to be Barney, it's some weird bastard child of Donald and Keifer Sutherland with a bit of Burt Reynolds...

I definitely agree though, I'd much prefer if the original models were ported to High-res.

Some of the textures are just too high res. I like good textures but there comes a point when they just don't do much for an engine with that level of sophistication and it ends up boosting the memory requirements through the roof, with little gain.I'd like to see a version of this mods, with scaled back memory optimized textures, that would run well, with say, 2GB of memory and 512MB of VRAM.

Some of the textures are just too high res. I like good textures but there comes a point when they just don't do much for an engine with that level of sophistication and it ends up boosting the memory requirements through the roof, with little gain.I'd like to see a version of this mods, with scaled back memory optimized textures, that would run well, with say, 2GB of memory and 512MB of VRAM.

Pushing the engine and peoples systems is kind of the idea of FakeFactory. If you don't want it to be so crazy, then just use an older version.

That looks phenomenal. I haven't installed a FF since version 1, I'm definitely going to have to get this and re-install HL2. I can't believe all the complaining about the character models, I think they look incredible (with the exception of the shiny faced chick, she looks like ass).

edit: Holy shit 9 gigs for everything! It's going to take like 9 hours to dl, hope it's worth it.

A really nice effort and I commend the makers, but for Half-Life 2, it just isn't worth it unless there is new content. The engine is still way too old and characters only look different when you are really close up. It would be nice to be able to interact with the new characters in different ways.

Ultimately, the only mod I needed to enjoy HL2 immensly is replacing Alyx with Bulma. It's uncanny how much the voice acting suits her.

ep1c17050005lf5.jpg

Works perfectly with HL1. I am having trouble with episode 2 though. The author hasn't updated it since 2006 and there are some sequences where the model doesn't replace the original Alyx model (like when she is grabbed and kidnapped when you are underneath the house). Any ideas on how to universally replace the Alyx model in episode 2?

I believe that's what they did come CM9. CM9Base has lower system requirements (no longer requires 3.5GB of RAM and 64-bit OS). If you still have a high spec system then you install V9 Base + V9 HD Add-On.

Back