Fake UPS Email Making the Rounds

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
A warning from the security firm Sophos has exposed a new twist on the ever present scareware presentation. It’s the routine scam informing the recipient that their computer is infected with a virus, but the method of employment this time around is a delivery notification from UPS through your email system.

These things are getting better and better as the stakes get keeping raised.

That does not even look anything like an email from UPS. The tracking number is not even close to a real one. You would think that these 419 scammers could at least do some basic research first.

Fedex, DHL, UPS, I get them all. They died off for a while but have been back in force for the last few weeks or so.

New? This is ancient. Add it in with the emails from your Bank, Paypal, European Lottery, Free Pr0n, latest video of Osama bin Laden in Drag at party with Bush, etc, etc, etc.

Fedex, DHL, UPS, I get them all. They died off for a while but have been back in force for the last few weeks or so.

New? This is ancient. Add it in with the emails from your Bank, Paypal, European Lottery, Free Pr0n, latest video of Osama bin Laden in Drag at party with Bush, etc, etc, etc.

QFT to both of these.

I logged into my Spam Account to clean it out the other day and had hundreds of these. Also from DHL and USPS too.

Hmm, I think someone at my workplace got one.... not sure, as I wasn't there. But the person actually ordered something, and got the email... maybe it was just a lucky hit?

I told her not to check her email...... ever again. >.>

Same here, they just didn´t die off for a while. Goes straight to the spam folder anyway, no problem.

I think our admin got this on Thursday. Luckily she called me when MSE popped up catching the *.zip download she started.

I used to get the DHL ones daily in my junk folder account, but they've been replaced by other crap lately. I'm sure they still catch ignorant people daily, otherwise they would go away.

I guess this is more effective in large organizations? Cause last time I checked, if I order something I KNOW where its coming from, and generally when. I also know that UPS doesn't send out shipment notifications to me, neither does Fedex or DHL.

So. I guess if you fall for this, you're either dumb, or....you're dumb.

That looks absolutely horrible. They seriously couldn't knock off a legitimate email? Lol.

That looks absolutely horrible. They seriously couldn't knock off a legitimate email? Lol.
its not even legitimate email UPS, DHL would not send you emails any way (you get an tracking code that you can goto the web site to track the item)

i remove all type of malware all the time this one below was annoying an little

after cleaning an fake antivirus off his pc as i was on the phone talking to some one els and the corner of my eye i seen that he was about to open an exe file that was inside an zip DHL email attachment nearly bit his head off as he would of put the fake av software back on (he was like 1-2 seconds from double clicking on it so had to shout to make sure he did not open it)

DHL or any service like it will Never send you an email about missed packages first how do they know your email to begin with they wont, they use tracking codes that you use on web sites

Back