Fairly [H]ot: JVC Car Reciever w/ built in HD-Radio Tuner $199

Diashto

Limp Gawd
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-46IEVC5S5yS/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=257KDHDR1

JVC's KD-HDR1 CD player includes a built-in HD Radio tuner. There's no extra gear to install, no extra wires to worry about, making it easier than ever to upgrade to the improved reception and excellent sound quality of participating HD Radio stations. More and more radio stations offer HD Radio broadcasts every day, but if there's not one in your area yet, JVC's DiAS tuner offers exceptional AM/FM reception.

If you're looking for more entertainment options, connect an XM or SIRIUS tuner to get more than 120 channels of music, news, sports, and entertainment. Read more
Details:

General features
» CD receiver with built-in MOSFET amplifier (20 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
» plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs (including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA music files)
» detachable face
» remote control

Audio features
» iEQ equalizer with twelve presets and a 7-band EQ
» SRS Circle Surround Automotive
» subwoofer level and frequency control

Expandability
» compatible with JVC iPod adapter
» satellite radio-ready (tuner, antenna, and XM or SIRIUS service subscription required)
» HD Radio tuner built in
» receives multicasting content (where available)
» optional auxiliary input
» CD changer controls
» three sets of preamp outputs

Other features and specs
» CEA-2006 compliant amplifier
» DiAS digital AM/FM tuner
» seek tuning
» clock
» CD frequency response: 5-20,000 Hz
» CD signal-to-noise ratio: 102 dB
» FM sensitivity: 11.3 dBf
» warranty: 1 year

$199 for a head unit that includes HD tuning is pretty sweet, IMO.

Also another deck with built-in HD, froogle the Panasonic CQ-CB8901U. This is a nice deck if you plan to add amps. Has 5V preouts with low 60 Ohms impedance...great for signal delivery and noise rejection to your amps.

Damn, adding an HD tuner to my Kenwood head unit would be ~$180, this unit looks like a nice deal.

I've had a JVC head unit before and liked it, although some asshole decided he needed more crack and stole it. :(

Also another deck with built-in HD, froogle the Panasonic CQ-CB8901U. This is a nice deck if you plan to add amps. Has 5V preouts with low 60 Ohms impedance...great for signal delivery and noise rejection to your amps.

And crutchfields price is suprisingly competitive (lol with the $300 price break)

I personally would go for that one too

Back