Failing Abit IP35 Pro Need help with a replacement

apcor

Limp Gawd
Well, my abit IP 35 pro is failing and I need a replacement. I am not sure which way to go as I am on outdated hardware and there is not a lot in stock for these 775 socket mobos. Can someone please recommend a good replacement? See sig for specs.

When it comes to discontinued products like this board the best I can give you is a couple companies that I know of. Understand that both of these companies focus on only discontinue products so they may charge a premium to get the board you need. So first check everywhere else and then go to these guys when you have to have the replacement product. The first company is Cuetech www.cuetech.com and their phone # is 800-746-4283 and the second is InBus and their # is 925-454-2540.

UD3L is fine for a pushing a dual core (E8400 for instance) but the 4 pin power connector means you will be able to overclock a quad core (like a Q9650) moderately. Trying to push a quad to 4.5 ghz at 1.45v can burn out that 4 pin connector quickly.

By the way, if you can come up with an extra $100, then you can sell that Q6600 on ebay, and have enough $ afterwards (along with the first $100 you were going to spend on a new board) to buy a P67a-UD4 and 2500k. You'll just have to look for a deal on RAM. But you will have to have a SATA burner as no IDE ports on all but the cheapest P67 boards.

Well honestly I have read a couple of reviews on different gigabyte boards and they were not too stellar (not saying they are bad), But for less than $100 there are some ASUS and MSI boards in stock at the egg, and i really dont like buying used on FS/Trade. Trouble is dont know which model would be the best one to get. they all seem the same. Thanks

Just FYI I need DDR2 compatibility for my RAM - FSB 1066, would like 4 DIMM Slots so I can add more memory later

My Gigabyte EP45-UD3L has been pretty rock solid since I got it. Its available at a few places online.
http://www.google.com/products/cata...=X&ei=EGebTaHCHoSksQOD7eyGBA&ved=0CEwQ8wIwAA#

I hear it does okay with overclocking, but don't have any experience with it personally. If you need Raid, you'll need to look for a different model. Its got a ICH10 rather than ICH10R.

Have you tried the FS/FT board?

Last edited:
I have a few Ip35 pros that were not used much. I had wanted to standardize my platform and so had 4 of them, 2 in each home location (long story). Anyway, if you are interested, just PM me, as I was going to finally ebay them soon.

Well honestly I have read a couple of reviews on different gigabyte boards and they were not too stellar (not saying they are bad), But for less than $100 there are some ASUS and MSI boards in stock at the egg, and i really dont like buying used on FS/Trade. Trouble is dont know which model would be the best one to get. they all seem the same. Thanks

Just FYI I need DDR2 compatibility for my RAM - FSB 1066, would like 4 DIMM Slots so I can add more memory later

If you're talking about the Gigabyte motherboard reviews on Newegg, I can understand why you say that the reviews weren't stellar. I don't see any good models available there from them, or anyone else for that matter(ASUS or MSI included). P43 looks like the best chipset available, which is meh as far as I am concerned. I recommend you look elsewhere if you want a decent board.

Back