Failed IPMI with Java update

CruisD64

2[H]4U
Hey all. I'm having troubles where I updated Java, and now IPMI fails after a server reboot. It's really annoying since I can't get into the bios because it passes that portion before the JViewer kicks back in. Anyone else having this problem? I tried rev'ing back the version of java but the JViewer is still current. I realize the JViewer.jnlp file is something that is pulled from the server, but the same issue is happening with servers I used to be able to get into.

EDIT: Just to note, it is a Megarac BMC

Last edited:
Java 8 really fucks alot of older applets. My datacenter host uses an IP-KVM that refuses to work with Java 8. My solution was to fire up a VM and install java 7 on the VM just so I could get into the IP-KVM.

Java 8 really fucks alot of older applets. My datacenter host uses an IP-KVM that refuses to work with Java 8. My solution was to fire up a VM and install java 7 on the VM just so I could get into the IP-KVM.

So I went from Java 7 to Java 6 and JViewer still looks and functions like the Java 7 one. It's poo poo.

With my SUN ILOM cards I had to change the encryption level of java, add trusted site and then I was able to get it to work. I now refuse to update java on the machine I have it working on lol.

With my SUN ILOM cards I had to change the encryption level of java, add trusted site and then I was able to get it to work. I now refuse to update java on the machine I have it working on lol.

For me it's not a matter of adding it to trusted sites. The applet will load, but if I ever restart the server, it kicks the connection. Sometimes it'll even do it in the middle of typing on the command line. Several of my coworkers are experiencing it. Why oh why did I update Java!? I may just have to spin up a VM with an old ass version of java just for remote management...ugh...

Back