Failed Ghost Clone

Budman

I put the Bad in Bad Grandpa!
I need some help here. I'm have a PC that has XPPRO with SP2 on it. It is on a WD 60gig drive that is slowly failing. I have a Maxtor 60gig that I'm trying to ghost over from the WD 60gig. I open up ghost 2003 in windows & choose Clone. The WD is 2 partitions. I choose to clone the whole drive over to the Maxtor. It reboots & drops to PC Dos & does it's thing. It then reboots back into windows. I check both drives everything looks like a mirror image. I shut down & disconnect the WD drive & make the Maxtor the master. I reboot & this is the error message I get.
"Windows could not start because of the following ARC firmware boot configuration problem: did not properly generate ARV name for HAL & system paths.Please check windows docs ...."
What did I not do right here? I know the Maxtor is a good drive.

I'm not sure of what that error means, but assuming both drives connect the same way (IDE or SATA) just make a ghost bootable floppy or CD. The Windows part of Ghost is worthless. If you boot to this disk, and clone one to the other, it should work fine. In the rare event it doesn't, after you Ghost, boot from the XP CD and run fixboot from the recovery console.

Back