Failed driver updating preventing Win10 boot?

Nimisys

Fully [H]
Made the mistake of trying to update my AMD drivers, and haven't been able to load into Windows 10 without using safe boot since. Via safe mode I tried uninstalling and deleting the AMD drivers/various folders. No luck. Disabled all services and non-essential start-ups and still no luck. Tried automatic startup repair, boot record rebuild, no luck. I can load safe mode, but normal boot.

Any ideas? No recovery points, trying to avoid reset

ddu then install an older 17.* based driver, then update again. have had this a couple times with a 280x, 7770 and a 550.

adding to pendragon1 reply, disable fast boot in windows power plan, and delete hiberfil.sys, windows 10 fast boot and most of UEFI boot are stored in the hybrid hibernation file. If the driver messed with any of the UEFI boot libraries from the superfetch it can cause that issue. anyway,worth to try after the mentioned above.

So none of the above worked.

Went with a reset... It failed

Nuked the drive, reloaded OS, tried to reinstall drivers... Same thing happened again.

Some bit of hardware has got to be going out. Hopefully not a GPU :/

PSU is less than 3 months old.... Might be time to put my custom hybrid cooler 980gtx back in.

PSU is less than 3 months old.... Might be time to put my custom hybrid cooler 980gtx back in.

If the PSU is the latest change you made into the system you cannot rule that out as the problem cause. New or not.

Back