FaH radeon 7000 series PPD?

hpglow

Limp Gawd
Ok I know they just hit Newegg today, but anyone have the PPD for these? I have a 560 ti but I would hate to put down $550 to $570 and not get a healthy PPD increase.

I dont think they are white listed yet, i read they were in private beta. Until AMD optimizes for the new 7 series architecture i wouldn't be shocked if it was lower than the 6 series.

Back from the dead...

@7im Sad I was hoping that the 7000 series sharing quite a bit in common with Fermi would get a healthy boost in FAH. I guess I will keep the money in my account and see what the next nVidia chip does for FAH. Or possibly we will see what happens if the fahcore is updated. Right now I only game at 1080p so throwing money at a new card would be purely for PPD and since I don't see any tangible gains over my 560 ti I will just wait some.

It is also possible that Ivy bridge will be the ticket to fill my need for more PPD instead of a new GPU. I guess I will see how things pan out over the next couple months. I'm about to push past the 200 mark on this team and after that I'm going to need some more grunt to keep mowing.

Back from the dead...

@7im Sad I was hoping that the 7000 series sharing quite a bit in common with Fermi would get a healthy boost in FAH. I guess I will keep the money in my account and see what the next nVidia chip does for FAH. Or possibly we will see what happens if the fahcore is updated. Right now I only game at 1080p so throwing money at a new card would be purely for PPD and since I don't see any tangible gains over my 560 ti I will just wait some.

It is also possible that Ivy bridge will be the ticket to fill my need for more PPD instead of a new GPU. I guess I will see how things pan out over the next couple months. I'm about to push past the 200 mark on this team and after that I'm going to need some more grunt to keep mowing.

it will eventually but the problem is the current FAH core is designed to work with the VLIW5/4 architecture, not the new GCN architecture. the drivers that AMD that are releasing soon are suppose to have some F@H optimizations as well but i think they are mostly just stability fixes.

@hpglow, 7xxx will get a *healthy* boost, eventually, with the fahcore update. But best to wait and see how new fahcore and new Kepler ring out. But for once in a great while, a new GPU with a completely new architecture was supported by the existing fah client right out of the shute. Cause to be happy, not sad, all things considered.... ;)

GPU upgrades can be hit or miss, depending on the upgrade cycles... CPU upgrades are almost always a good thing. :)

@hpglow, 7xxx will get a *healthy* boost, eventually, with the fahcore update. But best to wait and see how new fahcore and new Kepler ring out.

read new core will be released after Kepler comes out... twimtbp :rolleyes:
Anyhow... worth it for games, fold on cpu... let evga handle the gpu units...

Back