FAH CPU Percentage Not Changing on SMP

DeadlyAura

Supreme [H]ardness
On all of my uniprocessor rigs, when I change the CPU usage percentage, the core reacts accordingly.

On my SMP machines, if I change the CPU percentage, the client does not change. I NEED to change it on these machines. My server CAN run at 100% all the time, but I really don't feel like heating the crap out of my office. :D

Anyone have any ideas? This is using v7.7.52.

silicide

Gawd
If I recall, that flag doesn't actually do anything on the SMP client. Your best bet for limiting usage is setting it to use fewer cores (e.g. if it's an 8 core server, run at -smp 6 or -smp 4).

FrEaKy

[H] Movie and TV Show Review Guy
If I recall, that flag doesn't actually do anything on the SMP client. Your best bet for limiting usage is setting it to use fewer cores (e.g. if it's an 8 core server, run at -smp 6 or -smp 4).

This, I dont believe that flag does anything with SMP either, run it at 6 or 4 threads would be better.

DeadlyAura

Supreme [H]ardness
Well shit.... Then what about my dual core workstations? I'd like to be running them at 50%... I guess I'd have to set them as uniprocessor and use 100% of one core?

Vaulter98c

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2009
Two uni's at 50 or 60 percent, its really the same either bit other apps won't distinguish between which core to use as well