FAH: 2 Phenom II cores > 5870?

BreezeDM

Gawd
I have been folding with 6 Phenom II cores at 4GHz and decided to try the FAH beta client. It seems like folding with 6 cores gets me more points than 4 cores + 5870? Am I doing something wrong or is this what I should expect?

Sounds reasonable, SMP bonus points increase on a nonlinear curve as you give them more compute power and the radeons aren't terribly efficient at FAH.

what client are you using?

if the answer is 6.34, you are limiting yourself on the PPD that the 5870 is getting. If you are really interested in folding on that 5870, use the v7 client.

Tho I'd recommend just shutting down the 5870, and folding the Phenom on all 6 cores. It will get you about the same points for 1/3 the power draw.

I could be wrong but don't you need to put up like a beta flag for it to use the newer core?

He does not have enough cores for the beta (12) flag, or bigadv (8) for that matter. -smp 6 is probably his best bet as it bests -smp 4 and the GPU simultaneously.

He does not have enough cores for the beta (12) flag, or bigadv (8) for that matter. -smp 6 is probably his best bet as it bests -smp 4 and the GPU simultaneously.

I was talking about the GPU core

Back