Factory Worker Is Impaled by 10 Steel Spikes from a Robot Arm

Keep your panties on ladies. This was nothing. It was just a dry run for the machines. You'll know it when the shit gets real.

I clicked the link. (I hope you get paid for that.) Here's a quote from the article:

The doctor added that because the patient could not lie down, he had to lean on more than 10 doctors and nurses while having his wounds sterilised.

An emergency operation was carried out the next day by experts from various departments, including ER, cardiothoracic surgery and hand microsurgery.

Let me focus on one part. You know, the part where it says, "An emergency operation was carried out the next day." I don't know about you, but any operation carried out the next day does not seem very "emergency" to me. I'd be screaming for them to operate RIGHT NOW! Not tomorrow...

Outside of "impromptu iron maiden" I'd like to know exactly how this machine operates... poor guy. I hope he gets very well compensated.

Artificial Intelligence -> AI

Industrial Accident -> IA

Coincidence?

As the MCP sits back rubbing it steel fingers together, it could be heard saying,...(in its best Mr. Burns voice),...Exxxxcellent!

This was obviously a test.

After the victim survived the test, they operated to see how much effort would be required to save an enemy soldier after an attack.

This is "Coming soon to a battlefield near You!"

They published the pix as a cover story, and as a demo to the rest of the populace to "Keep that Credit Score Up, or You're Next!"

I thought I was Joking when I started this post; Now, I'm not sure... :(

Back