Factory Worker Is Impaled by 10 Steel Spikes from a Robot Arm

cageymaru

Fully [H]
A robot arm malfunctioned and impaled a porcelain factory worker in China (Warning - Graphic Images). Zhuzhou Liling was working the night shift when disaster struck and the robot arm suddenly fell on him. This left him with 10 steel nails impaled into his body that were 12" long and 5/8" in diameter. Again, I must warn you that the article has some disturbing images of the victim. Mr. Liling is still recovering in the hospital.

The spikes, which were part of the robotic arm, speared through the worker's body. During the operation, surgeons discovered that the spike on the patient's right shoulder was just 0.1 centimetres (0.04 inches) from the main nervous system in the thoracic outlet, the area between one's collarbone and first rib.

I cant imagine the kind of robot that would have a bunch of throwing knives on its underside where a person would be able to be impaled like this...??

The same country that bans video games because they're too violent allows grisly images and videos of actual people, including children, getting killed.

Ever see a baby get run over by multiple vehicles with nearly 20 people ignoring it? I have thanks to China.
Ever see a vehicle run over a person repeatedly? I have thanks to China. Sometimes it's an accident I guess, but all too frequently it's done intentionally so their financial liability is less.
People falling to their deaths including the "splat".
Limbs getting mangled.
Saw a baby dropped from an escalator.

That's all I can recall at the moment, I'm sure I am forgetting a bunch of horrific shit. (Thankfully)

Granted, none of the above cannot be found if one goes looking but this shit is on the news. As an aside, I don't watch the news in China anymore.

The same country that bans video games because they're too violent allows grisly images and videos of actual people, including children, getting killed.

Ever see a baby get run over by multiple vehicles with nearly 20 people ignoring it? I have thanks to China.
Ever see a vehicle run over a person repeatedly? I have thanks to China. Sometimes it's an accident I guess, but all too frequently it's done intentionally so their financial liability is less.
People falling to their deaths including the "splat".
Limbs getting mangled.
Saw a baby dropped from an escalator.

That's all I can recall at the moment, I'm sure I am forgetting a bunch of horriffic shit. (Thankfully)

Granted, none of the above cannot be found if one goes looking but this shit is on the news. As an aside, I don't watch the news in China anymore.
Thanks.

I actually had forgotten seeing those. Your post retrieved them from the recesses of my brain. It's true: can't unsee.

Does anyone have any information on exactly what type of robot would be fitted with instuments like that and what it would be used for? The article mentioned porcelain industry but do we know specifics?

:( Glad to person is good to go, more or less. Horrible situation all around.

These robots are getting more and more aggressive. Once they get the taste for blood we are doomed.
That's the biggest problem, they actually don't care. That makes them potentially more dangerous once they go off mission.

Does anyone have any information on exactly what type of robot would be fitted with instuments like that and what it would be used for? The article mentioned porcelain industry but do we know specifics?

A robot firing foot long steel sharpened spikes? What the fuck kind of porcelain requires that!?

Eat_Lead_Sucker.jpg

Not to be indelicate but that worker gets replaced like when sharks break a tooth off and there are 1.4 Billion other people ready to take his disposable place.

Dr Wu Panfeng, the lead surgeon for the patient, said because the spikes were long and made of metal, the patient could not be given an X-ray scan.

That could be x-rayed. Decubitus chest, recumbent lateral chest, cross-table AP shoulder, cross-table AP and lateral humerus.

Now CT would be full of artifacts and have positioning challenges, and don't even get that guy near the MRI hallway.

A robot firing foot long steel sharpened spikes? What the fuck kind of porcelain requires that!?

Not sure the spikes were fired out like a gun or anything. It sounds like some sort of robotic arm for picking up carcasses. So bone china would be the kind of porcelain that needs this kind of equipment to manufacture. Bone china is actually made from animal bones...

Not sure the spikes were fired out like a gun or anything. It sounds like some sort of robotic arm for picking up carcasses. So bone china would be the kind of porcelain that needs this kind of equipment to manufacture. Bone china is actually made from animal bones...

I was thinking like a nail gun where it fires on touch. I have to see a video of this thing in action.

Wtf? That’s awful ... and downright horrifying. Those are some ginormous spikes.

im guessing those spikes are some sort of lathe bits

at least it was his side/arm

A robot arm malfunctioned and impaled a porcelain factory worker in China (Warning - Graphic Images). Zhuzhou Liling was working the night shift when disaster struck and the robot arm suddenly fell on him. This left him with 10 steel nails impaled into his body that were 12" long and 5/8" in diameter. Again, I must warn you that the article has some disturbing images of the victim. Mr. Liling is still recovering in the hospital.

The spikes, which were part of the robotic arm, speared through the worker's body. During the operation, surgeons discovered that the spike on the patient's right shoulder was just 0.1 centimetres (0.04 inches) from the main nervous system in the thoracic outlet, the area between one's collarbone and first rib.

Missed opportunity at "The robot uprising has begun, claims first human victim" for the title.

Back