Facebook planning to change its name according to sources.

"... Facebook are merging with Google and Microsoft after all three brands are being bought by Russian mega Corp 'Yandex'. This comes on the heels of the latest storm of controversy as Yandex plans to merge with Chinese conglomerate 'Baidu' next week. It is unclear what will happen to users' personal information."

"... Facebook are merging with Google and Microsoft after all are being bought by Russian mega Corp 'Yandex'. This comes on the heels of the latest storm of controversy as Yandex plans to merge with Chinese conglomerate 'Baidu' next week. It is unclear what will happen to user's personal information."
Oh, its pretty clear what will happen to the user's personal information.

As clear as Skynet.

With how many major leaks/hacks have been happening month after month and year after year, honestly who cares who has your PI anymore lol. Everyone can already pretend to be everyone else.
I think you stumbled upon one of the great problems of our time...

Like said if that happen it is will be akind to Alphabet, not only Facebook brand will not be dropped and the actual website will continue to be called like that, but it will take a very long time (if ever) for people to use the new name to refer to the larger company, which will happen only if many other product become really popular which is arguably the case with Instagram, Oculus, etc... brand.

everyone is tired of facebook. It smells like pooh. So Zuck is aware that the brand has stigma, so he is trying to polish a turd and make people think it's something new, fresh and novel.

everyone is tired of facebook. It smells like pooh. So Zuck is aware that the brand has stigma, so he is trying to polish a turd and make people think it's something new, fresh and novel.
Honestly Facebook's popularity is at least 10 years overdue of collapsing. It's been a miracle a platform so old has remained so relevant.

[
I think you stumbled upon one of the great problems of our time...

Yeah you just have to hope for safety in numbers, that whoever has that super long list of billions of credentials picks anyone but you as a target for whatever nefarious plans they have.

Long live MySpace! Bang some fine honeys back in the day :cool:
CWTer0I.gif

We already changed the name when the stock lost 250 billion dollar market valuation in one day to "Faceplant".

^+1 ...if that is Zuck thinking himself cute stealth genius referring to MetaVerse product. The rest of the world transparently sees MetaData in big bold text on a glowing billboard. Him and his minions that brained up that name live in a V-bubble with Hal2000 spiking the digital punch bowl.

Last edited:
Has expected Facebook name and brand untouched, Facebook, Inc. changed into Meta Platforms, Inc. and like Alphabet would rarely be used for a long time (if ever), i.e. nothing to do with the recent bad press.

I love seeing these new Facebook commercials trying to save face "Were trying to ask the government on how to be more transparent" LOL! What a buncha hogwash.

Translation: We're losing customers and we need your money, please give us your data!

I love seeing these new Facebook commercials trying to save face "Were trying to ask the government on how to be more transparent" LOL! What a buncha hogwash.

Translation: We're losing customers and we need your money, please give us your data!

Not exactly sure what you mean by that translation with that message, a better hogwash in that regard would be we took effort to be more transparent or will something like that.

I think here,
1) they want to make sure the public consider the new step that will be taken they do not like (either by Facebook clients or Facebook users or both) are because of the government they do not have choice.
2) that the government action lead to costly but not too costly for Facebook (i.e. render really hard for a small player to enter their market, not having the resource to oblige to them)

How many years would you guys say that HardOCP is ahead of the general public.

Not exactly sure what you mean by that translation with that message, a better hogwash in that regard would be we took effort to be more transparent or will something like that.

I think here,
1) they want to make sure the public consider the new step that will be taken they do not like (either by Facebook clients or Facebook users or both) are because of the government they do not have choice.
2) that the government action lead to costly but not too costly for Facebook (i.e. render really hard for a small player to enter their market, not having the resource to oblige to them)
What it means is, we got caught and now were trying to save our image, but we're not going to change our ways (we'll just find other ways of going about it) because we feel we aren't beholden to anyone or anything.

☝️

The PARENT COMPANY is changing its name to Meta, not Facebook.

Facebook is still Facebook. Instagram is still Instagram. Oculus is still Oculus.

The PARENT COMPANY is changing its name to Meta, not Facebook.

Facebook is still Facebook. Instagram is still Instagram. Oculus is still Oculus.
Yeah, like google alphabet, facebook meta is trying to be everything, from a to zinc (or something like that), so the name Facebook isn't really fitting anymore.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if they also changed the name of their social network at some point.

They should just keep the name that Truth Social sounds like rehab after you have the cuffs on.

the way names are going, I was expecting something like Thing™, It™, or A™

I'm pretty sure this is the Zuck's assistant problem. As you may remember in 2014, WhatsApp started prompting people to pay $1/year; Zuck asked his assistant to buy WhatsApp for him, and suddenly people in the US knew what it was. Now, Zuck asked his assistant to change the company's name to something meta... and now the company is named Meta.

Back