Facebook Parent Company Meta loses record $230B in one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, I wish Amazon would drop like that.

Gee, thanks, so you're the type person have to hide my online profile from.
Glad I don't post my face online and suspended my FB account til I can get a job. I hate it when employers check profiles, you never know if they have a bias toward one thing or another.
You always should do that. Never make your private life public. Many people absolutely will judge you for it. They can't help themselves.

I don't know why this thread was revived, but since it was, I decided to go back and look at Meta's stock performance.

View attachment 521853

Doesn't look any prettier now than it did in February. They've pretty much wiped out all gains since early to mid 2017.
313251219_10224746692913058_5240922800979405994_n.jpg

Since it closed at 97.94, could someone email Mark suckerberg that "This is against community standard"
:D
In fact, it's also against "shareholders standard"

what's everyone take on facepoop in 3 mth., the next earning? I can see in 2 yr., tiktok takes over and facebook becomes myspace. All tiktok needs is to create Groups, and personal log per acct., and it will be the best of both world

what's everyone take on facepoop in 3 mth., the next earning? I can see in 2 yr., tiktok takes over and facebook becomes myspace. All tiktok needs is to create Groups, and personal log per acct., and it will be the best of both world

Facebook won't die until the billions of old people using it die.

And that's with Jim Cramer telling his goons to invest in Meta with confidence. Not the first time he gave extremely bad advice. Mea culpa!

Jeez, how many of these can this man's career survive.

Did we all forget about this little 2009 interview?

It's almost as if he is just talking out of his ass :p

I can't believe anyone actually still watches that clown.

Jeez, how many of these can this man's career survive.

Did we all forget about this little 2009 interview?

It's almost as if he is just talking out of his ass :p

I can't believe anyone actually still watches that clown.

Jon Stewart as his best, his new show isn't much to write home about but he's done some solid interviews lately. Amazing to me people still let him do it.

Jon Stewart as his best, his new show isn't much to write home about but he's done some solid interviews lately. Amazing to me people still let him do it.

I watched a couple of episodes of his new stuff.

It's not bad, as long as you are not expecting The Daily Show. Its trying to be more serious and not as much of a comedy, and while there is a time and a place for that, it wasn't what I was looking for.

Which is probably why I never watched more than two of them.

Maybe Zuckerberg will have to sell his mansion that he sued all the native Hawaiians off their land in order to build. I have zero sympathy for this idiot company.

Since it closed at 97.94, could someone email Mark suckerberg that "This is against community standard"
In fact, it's also against "shareholders standard"
I had a longtime account banned that I never use because I finally got on there and started liking photos from my family and friends and they said it was unusual activity and violated community standards and I was on a 6 day ban. When I got back on after a week, I liked a photo and immediately was met with the same message only the ban was permanent with no way of disputing the ban. Had to make a new one just to see what friends and family up to because they unfortunately don't want to get off of Facebook. This company is pure garbage.

Last edited:
Maybe Zuckerberg will have to sell his mansion that he sued all the native Hawaiians off their land in order to build. I have zero sympathy for this idiot company.

I had a longtime account banned that I never use because I finally got on there and started liking photos from my family and friends and they said it was unusual activity and violated community standards and I was on a 6 day ban. When I got back on after a week, I liked a photo and immediately was met with the same message only the ban was permanent with no way of disputing the ban. Had to make a new one just to see what friends and family up to because they unfortunately don't want to get off of Facebook. This company is pure garbage.

The same exact thing happened to my account. I never even made a single post. Absolutely rediculous.

very similar thing happens to me. I was complaining on my own page, of a post between myself and friends on my Panasonic microwave oven, which is a MACHINE, they said it's against community std.

I also post a thread at a group called "banned from facebook" or something like that, and I said we can start a change.org petition to ask facebook to make the above change, facebook banned that post immediately , clearly they don't want see anything from change.org petition and said "it's against community standard" That in itself is violation of freedom of speech

the sooner this co. goes bankrupt , the better for man kind

this is 1 of the very reason people like me open acct. at tiktok

Last edited:
very similar thing happens to me. I was complaining on my own page, of a post between myself and friends on my Panasonic microwave oven, which is a MACHINE, they said it's against community std.

I also post a thread at a group called "banned from facebook" or something like that, and I said we can start a change.org petition to ask facebook to make the above change, facebook banned that post immediately , clearly they don't want see anything from change.org petition and said "it's against community standard" That in itself is violation of freedom of speech

the sooner this co. goes bankrupt , the better for man kind

this is 1 of the very reason people like me open acct. at tiktok
All of this is why I find the reaction to Elon's takeover of Twitter absolutely hilarious. Everyone should be able to say whatever they want as long as they aren't actively trying to incite violence on another person or persons. Banning people whose opinion you don't agree with just so you don't have to listen to their opinion anymore instead of communicating like adults or even simply just using the ignore button is just ridiculous. I would like to say I'm hopeful that this would be a wake up call for Meta, but since I really don't think it is, I think it would be best for the world if they just disappeared entirely. People on both sides of the aisle are getting immensely tired of all this censorship crap.

how much? and how many members are in it now

From the forum rules:
FrgMstr said:
(2) No OFF-TOPIC posting will be allowed with the exception of the General Mayhem sub-forum area. There are multiple sub-forums as well that are subscription-access only. You can buy a subscription at this link. http://hardforum.com/account/upgrades

As far as member count, I don't know, but it's a lot and discussions are constant.

It's only $5 for a year (or $15 for a lifetime) so if you pay for a year and don't like it, it's not the end of the world.

As I recall these subscriptions are predominantly to help cover the cost/time of moderation, as the Genmay sections are a little bit higher maintenance.

Last edited:
From the forum rules:

As far as member count, I don't know, but it's a lot and discussions are constant.

It's only $5 for a year (or $15 for a lifetime) so if you pay for a year and don't like it, it's not the end of the world.

As I recall these subscriptions are predominantly to help cover the cost/time of moderation, as the Genmay sections are a little bit higher maintenance.
The subscription is also an asshole filter. Sure, it doesn't stop people like me (an asshole) from posting there but it does stop a lot of others. It also means people are a little less likely to break the rules because it means they'll be out of money if they get banned.

If anyone does get a subscription and you decide to post in the Soapbox, make sure you read the sticky in the Soapbox because there are additional rules and limitations which if not followed will get you booted from the Soapbox real quick.

The subscription is also an asshole filter. Sure, it doesn't stop people like me (an asshole) from posting there but it does stop a lot of others. It also means people are a little less likely to break the rules because it means they'll be out of money if they get banned.

If anyone does get a subscription and you decide to post in the Soapbox, make sure you read the sticky in the Soapbox because there are additional rules and limitations which if not followed will get you booted from the Soapbox real quick.
Well said, and seconded on reading the rules!

Wasn't even to build really, just to "enhance his privacy" meaning he didn't want anyone living near by him. Did the same thing in Menlo Park if memory serves, had a quaint house (not mega-mansion) on a nice street and bought out the two houses on either side of him so no people where near him... I mean this from a guy who built up a platform of people being able to be "nearer" to each other, man the irony.

From the forum rules:

so is there a Nasdaq stock forum? if so, since there is no member count, how many thread per day, and within it, how many replies and view?

Wasn't even to build really, just to "enhance his privacy" meaning he didn't want anyone living near by him. Did the same thing in Menlo Park if memory serves, had a quaint house (not mega-mansion) on a nice street and bought out the two houses on either side of him so no people where near him... I mean this from a guy who built up a platform of people being able to be "nearer" to each other, man the irony.
why are you surprised? did you watch the movie Facebook? He forcefully made his partner out so he becomes the sole owner of facebook

The subscription is also an asshole filter. Sure, it doesn't stop people like me (an asshole) from posting there
So I get to pay for the privilege of being aggravated by assholes.

No thanks, I can get that for free.

so is there a Nasdaq stock forum? if so, since there is no member count, how many thread per day, and within it, how many replies and view?
Not really. There's a financial thread where a handful of guys post their graphs/predictions/wins/loses.

I mean this from a guy who built up a platform of people being able to be "nearer" to each other, man the irony.

Makes more sense to me. I don't want to live near you or trust you enough to be in my home but I still want to share parts of my life with you. My rich Aunt is that way. She'll visit us but gets sick or has an out of country trip planned when it's brought up to visit her. Plans will be to stay at her house since it's just her and her cats which turns to sorry guys some issue came up plumbing etc I got you a hotel room instead.

Wrong - Zuck-the-Cuck built FB to have a platform to spy on all those people leading heathy social lives because that is something Zuck envies. He can’t participate so instead he wants to just observe and exploit.

Tom on the other hand built MySpace to make friends and so was everybody’s first friend on the platform. Iirc he’s still happy to be recognized in public, chat to real people, and makes no effort to hide himself. Zuck instead posts bizarre BBQ videos of what he thinks normal social events are like ->

Wrong - Zuck-the-Cuck built FB to have a platform to spy on all those people leading heathy social lives because that is something Zuck envies. He can’t participate so instead he wants to just observe and exploit.

Tom on the other hand built MySpace to make friends and so was everybody’s first friend on the platform. Iirc he’s still happy to be recognized in public, chat to real people, and makes no effort to hide himself. Zuck instead posts bizarre BBQ videos of what he thinks normal social events are like ->

I wanted to laugh at this, but I felt genuinely uncomfortable the entire time. He's an alien sent to earth to destroy us. I found the full 30 minute video and it's even worse. I thought they were just editing and putting together the worst parts, but the whole thing is a train wreck.

I wanted to laugh at this, but I felt genuinely uncomfortable the entire time. He's an alien sent to earth to destroy us. I found the full 30 minute video and it's even worse. I thought they were just editing and putting together the worst parts, but the whole thing is a train wreck.
I sincerely thought that video was deepfaked the first time I saw it.

Have a FaceBook page, but so far i've only checked it only a few times this year, as i'm not usually interested in it. Seen friends using TikTok, but that's made me not want to get it since it seems to pander to the lowest common denominator type of people a lot of the time. (There is decent stuff on it i guess, but it's few and far between at least for me)
Guess i'm too old and cranky for that stuff. lol :banghead:

Have a FaceBook page, but so far i've only checked it only a few times this year, as i'm not usually interested in it. Seen friends using TikTok, but that's made me not want to get it since it seems to pander to the lowest common denominator type of people a lot of the time. (There is decent stuff on it i guess, but it's few and far between at least for me)
I want to work as a volunteer at tiktok for contributing free website enhancement idea, but I don't know anyone. Anyone here works at tiktok?

TikTok is one of those services where the quality depends entirely on who you follow and what you like. I don't use it a whole lot, but my "following" feed is mostly science, political discussion and geek culture. Just need to seek it out.

Zuck's social events look like what an alien lizard person wearing a Mark Zuckerberg costume would think social events are supposed to look like.

Not in the least. Their platform and they can do whatever they like as far as the content you place on their platform.

Is it BS that they do this? Yes, but they aren’t infringing on your rights.

TBH mentioning change.org unironically should be a bannable offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back