Facebook Is Paying Celebrities To Use Facebook Live

HardOCP News

[H] News
Facebook has shelled out a total of $50 million to nearly 140 celebrities, media companies and video creators in an attempt to annoy...I mean "engage" Facebook users. Has anyone at Facebook ever thought that, if we wanted to see videos from any of those people, we would already be following them? Well that seems like money well spent. :rolleyes:

Facebook Inc. has inked contracts with nearly 140 media companies and celebrities to create videos for its nascent live-streaming service, as the social network positions itself to cash in on a lucrative advertising market it has yet to tap—and keep its 1.65 billion monthly users engaged. The company has agreed to make payments to video creators totaling more than $50 million, according to a document reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

Chewbaca mom gave Facebook Live a ton of publicity. I don't know why they'd need to waste that much cash on celebrities that already have too much.

Why can't we just take all the money from everyone not in Hollywood and give it to the them and complete the cycle. People who look pretty are much more important than workers. We should all just work for free and eat grits and water and live in the park with a big fence around it.

I don't understand. Are you seeing videos from pages you don't follow? I know I do not and in cases where I don't care (see George Takei) I just turn off video notifications.

Is that why the Hoff was on Entertainment Tonight shilling Facebook Live?

Back