Facebook is Allegedly Divided by Internal Conflict

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by AlphaAtlas, Nov 19, 2018.

1. AlphaAtlas

AlphaAtlas [H]ard|Gawd Staff Member

Following a long period of negative media coverage this year, the Wall Street Journal reports that Mark Zuckerberg told top employees that Facebook is "at war," and that he plans "to lead the company accordingly." But this internal shift seems to be creating some friction within the company. An unnamed source told the WSJ that the new approach is "driving several key executives from the company" and creating tension with Facebook's COO. Meanwhile, NBC claims that Both Zuckerberg and Sandberg blame the company's communication team and the press for a number of mistakes. In a meeting on Friday, Zuckeberg called a particularly scathing New York Times report "bulls---," and said he "would not hesitate to fire employees who leaked information to the media."

Internally, the leadership's decision to blame the media and the press shop has driven a wedge between them and members of the communications team who feel as if they've been thrown under the bus, the sources said. "It's total arrogance," one Facebook employee said. "Everyone is pissed."

chockomonkey likes this.
  2. Jim Kim

Jim Kim 2[H]4U

Infighting at fakebook. I can't think of a company that deserves it more, well maybe electronic arts.

Flatline, HoffY, Weevil and 19 others like this.
  3. pek

pek prairie dog

Surround the wagons. Like that's worked out well recently.

4. tungt88

tungt88 [H]ard|Gawd

Zuck is (begrudgingly) learning that founding/running a big company is never easy. Saying that you're gonna read 25 books a year, while being intimately involved with your own company? Heh, I have a virtual social network to sell ya Zuck ...

5. Criticalhitkoala

Criticalhitkoala [H]ard|Gawd

All those bergs, should name it Faceberg :)

N4CR likes this.
  6. Dalexx

Dalexx Limp Gawd

How about google?

Nytegard and Kinestron like this.
  7. Jim Kim

Jim Kim 2[H]4U

Yes, and don't forget twitter...

Kinestron likes this.
  8. Tiburon1186

Tiburon1186 Gawd

Dammit Hard, don't link us to crap we can't read because of pay walls!!

9. Biznatch

Biznatch 2[H]4U

Nope, not even close. https://www.adfontesmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Media-Bias-Chart_4.0_8_28_2018-min.jpg

FB can't die fast enough though. It's become a platform for dumb people to share BS news/articles around their echo chambers of ignorance/fear. Last I checked, something like 40% of the people get their 'news' from facebook, and that is effing terrifying when you realize these people have the same voting power you do......

Nytegard, c3k, GoldenTiger and 5 others like this.
  10. PantherBlitz

PantherBlitz Limp Gawd

Yet this probably won't cause a measurable dip in their profits.

11. FrgMstr

FrgMstr Just Plain Mean Staff Member

12. the901

the901 [H]Lite

Krazy925 and captaindiptoad like this.
  13. tangoseal

tangoseal [H]ardness Supreme

Thy are being destroyed by the elites. It's a planned destruction. Stay tuned.

14. joobjoob

joobjoob Gawd

Rich gross vs rich evil ??

15. TAP

TAP Limp Gawd

Did you hear that on Facebook?

Jim Kim likes this.
  16. maxz01

maxz01 Limp Gawd

Im ok with this because it is a step towards the man-machine cyborg hybrids that I want to succeed mankind on Earth. We are getting closer to the next step in evolution, a new dominant species. Or just straight up machines replacing humans. Thats cool too! Being human sucks cause life contains so much unavoidable suffering

17. Hatriot

Hatriot Limp Gawd

I have to laugh when people like you post some random chart from the internet as if it is the final word on the subject. I can post multiple examples of AP's rampant left wing bias. How about we do this. Every journalist should state who they have voted for in the last four presidential elections. Let us start there an work our way up. FB bias is undeniable as it is with all the other tech companies. They can be caught on video actively stating as such then turn around and claim 100% opposite in their Washington Post dictates fluff pieces and it is somehow taken seriously?

the901 and DocNo like this.
  18. tangoseal

Nope. Alternative News, general knowledge, I have been seeing it coming for a while. The way the market is being manipulated around them etc...

19. tangoseal

I hope Facebook does because if thier rampant and blatant usurpation of the 1st Amendment, I dont care if they are a private platform. Their product is people and you dont shit on your people's rights.

But I'm sad My oculus rift my go the way of the dodo if the fail.

20. Biznatch

Biznatch 2[H]4U

The topic has been dropped from the thread. Look up and tread carefully.

21. DocNo

DocNo Gawd

Zuckerberg being arrogant? Unpossible!

dvsman likes this.
  22. Biznatch

Biznatch 2[H]4U

I think he's like 1 step away from taking his money, burning FB to the ground, moving to an island and becoming the first super villain.....

TAP, GoldenTiger and DocNo like this.
  23. DrBorg

DrBorg Gawd

Hey, If we're lucky, it will escalate into an open inter-department war; the more of them that kill each other, the more the rest of us Win!!

24. Prisoner849

Prisoner849 Gawd

It's a big company with some radical ideals and one would only hope that there would be internal dissent. I for one have been counting on it; they can't all be as maniacal as Zuck despite having drank the hiring department's kool-aid.

25. mt2e

mt2e Limp Gawd

I think he just realized his hopes for political office are now smashed to bits.

26. TheOne&OnlyZeke

TheOne&OnlyZeke 100% Irish

Whats to stop him just firing anyone who doesn't agree with him?
    Are their measure in place to say he can't go do that?

Does he have an off switch...lower back...around the middle?

27. daemon616

daemon616 n00b

28. thejokker

thejokker Gawd

No... Facebook (and Google) are being destroyed by an army of NPC's comprised of SJW's they have hired. These people are zealots who cannot get along with non-SJW's and are compelled to force their radical extremist agenda on everybody. SJW's breed division.

the901 likes this.
  29. tangoseal

Well definitely that too.

30. SuperSparky

SuperSparky [H]Lite

This is always what happens when you to try to engineer people. It always comes to bite you in the butt in the end. You can't engineer people, at least for a great length of time, as people soon realize something is going against their nature, their natural state.

Many won't know why, but they will get ticked, and those in "control" will not understand why their fine-tuned machine is malfunctioning so drastically.

Unfortunately, those in "control" keep thinking they can fix it, but all they do is keep kicking the can down the road and making things worse.

Facebook deserves whatever is happening to them, and whenever it happens.

eclypse likes this.
  31. TAP

TAP Limp Gawd

Oh? What alternative news? Please share.

Tags: