Facebook Goes Down; Facebookers Call Cops

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
It appears that Facebook users are dead serious about being having access to their favorite Internet site. Nothing should stand in the way of their right to access and if it does, it's an emergency of the highest order. Frustrated Facebookers in Los Angeles took to calling 911 en masse to report Facebook was down. Take your meds, people. :D

He wrote: "#Facebook is not a Law Enforcement issue, please don't call us about it being down, we don't know when FB will be back up!"

Comments

stupid people call the police for stuff that isn't a police issue all the time ... it probably doesn't help when the media and paranoid people beat the drums of fear on how the government is monitoring the net and make people suspicious that when something is down it is due to government interference rather than just regular computer issues

All of those who called the local police should have called the FBI instead........

FaceBook Information :D

Sounds like something people in L.A. would do. The dumber it is, the more they like it.

Just more proof that the world would be better off if everyone on Facebook just ... disappeared.

Help me Mr. PoPo....my Facebook wont work.....what's the number for 911?

Really.........are people that fucking stupid?:eek::eek::rolleyes:

Never mind.....I know the answer.;)

Mr Popo was also quite sad when Facebook went down.

tumblr_mbuf0ppFWx1r02bh0o1_500.png

"Remember how dumb the average guy is, now remember that half the population is dumber than him." Seems to correlate.

I hope all of those people got fined for improper use of the 911 system.

As someone who did technical support for that area, doesn't surprise me one bit.
When Gmail went down, we had THOUSANDS of calls from all over the US where subs thought Gmail was the ISP's email service and wanted to know how long it would take for us to fix it....
And there are stories much, much worse than that for the LA area I could tell.

As someone who did technical support for that area, doesn't surprise me one bit.
When Gmail went down, we had THOUSANDS of calls from all over the US where subs thought Gmail was the ISP's email service and wanted to know how long it would take for us to fix it....
And there are stories much, much worse than that for the LA area I could tell.

I could see calling your ISP as many people don't understand that type of stuff. We have similar issues with customers. They normally call about pc or site issues thinking that we control every site in the world or that we control everything on their computer since they are connected to our internet service. However calling your ISP and flooding them with calls and calling 911 because facebook is down are two different things. One is being a pain in the ass, the other is preventing people with actual emergencies from getting help... assuming that calling 911 actually gets you a speedy result that counts as help in that area.

Really.........are people that fucking stupid?:eek::eek::rolleyes:

Never mind.....I know the answer.;)

This is why I have such a hard time dealing with real people in real life sometimes. Soooooooooooo effing stupid.

One time while in line at Dunkin Donuts last year I'll never forget the cute little boy in line with his mother. She broke out her phone no less than four effing times to check and refresh Facebook, all in the matter of 5 minutes, instead of having a decent conversation with her son...

Should be some kind of ticket issued for being such a complete fuckup and wasting 911's time.

Or take a mandatory ride-along with police/EMTs for a couple nights and see what emergency responders actually do. Then get teabagged by said responders.

People are getting dumber all the time. How in the hell are you so stupid that the first thing that you do is call 911 to report that facebook is down? I mean either this story is faker than fake or we are really living in end times and not in Florida either.

I surprised they didn't use it as an excuse to steal TVs from electronics stores.

Years back when there was the big wild fires and California was burning, people called.
Them: "My internet is out, I want a truck out here to fix it NOW!"
ME: "Well, let me check your signal, its out, and the neighborhood, that's out too. Tell me, are you close to the fires?"
Them: "Yup, my next door neighbor's house is burning right now and there's fire trucks out front. Get a truck here NOW or I'm canceling!"
Me: "Well, we don't send repair trucks into active fire zones, I can cancel for you now if you'd like, but I highly suggest you get out of there as soon as possible, we wouldn't want to see you lose your life over something like internet."
Them: "F@ck you! Give me your supervisor!"
ME: "Hold please"
"Hey Bill, we've got some suicidal asshole on hold who wants a repair truck to turn his internet on and his neighbor's house is on fire, he wants to talk to you because I said we don't send repair trucks to active fire zones."
Bill: "HIS NEIGHBOR'S HOUSE IS ON FIRE?! AND HE'S COMPLAINING THE INTERNET IS OUT INSTEAD OF EVACUATING?!

Yea, right!

Like the internet company would say they'd cancel your internet so readily.

Yea, right!

Like the internet company would say they'd cancel your internet so readily.

I wasn't in retention, I was technical support.
Believe me, after one year of trying to bend over backwards to every person that made a threat I just stopped caring and gave in.
You want credit and the problem is on our end? No problem.
You want to cancel? Let me do that for you. (you'd be surprised how often I started hearing "Wait! Wait! Wait!"):p
You don't want to talk to the only person in this building with an actual networking degree because you think a supervisor that sells Avon products here knows more? Please, feel free.

The danger of bluffing is sometimes you just get that wildcard that doesn't give a damn.

Back