Facebook Gives Birth to the Retrosexual

HardOCP News

[H] News
Facebook gives birth to the retrosexual? Apparently they are using the term “retrosexual” to describe when people hook up with old boyfriends/girlfriends on Facebook. What kind of word is that?

As Facebook users have begun to skew older--the website is now as popular with 30-, 40- and 50-somethings as with the college students who pioneered it--they have found ways to reconnect with one another. And who better to get in touch with than an old flame?

Sounds more like someone who have sex with a NES or Commodore 64 to me =P

Sounds more like someone who have sex with a NES or Commodore 64 to me =P

probably more enjoyable than hooking up with 95% of your ex's

remember boys and girls, tech doesn't say no and you don't need roofies.

I thought this was some joke about Shaggy and Scooby-Doo or something...

Shaggy: "That guy sure is a bit..."

Scooby-Doo: "Rextrosexual... Right, Rhaggy..."

I thought "Retrosexual" meant the flashbacks of the things people did in the 60's and 70's :D

Facebook the universal bootycall web page, well duh, isn't that why most people use social networking sites?

Facebook the universal bootycall web page, well duh, isn't that why most people use social networking sites?

I actually really enjoy Facebook only because I was able to connect to all my old friends from elementary and middle school that have been since long gone.

And hey, nothing like seeing someone from middle school years later and tappin that :D

In the words of Nancy Kerrigan, 'WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!"

facebook is dumb. making up new words (to try to be cool) for the same old shit thats been happening for 10,000 years is dumb too.

facebook is dumb. making up new words (to try to be cool) for the same old shit thats been happening for 10,000 years is dumb too.

not facebook, fta: "The Boston Phoenix even coined a term, retrosexuals, for people who are taking the plunge into recycled love"

I'm pretty sure 10k years maybe a little far back for Jr Prom hookups..

not facebook, fta: "The Boston Phoenix even coined a term, retrosexuals, for people who are taking the plunge into recycled love"

I'm pretty sure 10k years maybe a little far back for Jr Prom hookups..

not for stoinking ex's though. draw a pictogram on the communal cave wall, dawg.

Retrosexual was already "defined", many years ago, by Urbandictionary.

Sounds like another facebook fail to me.

its so much fun! you can hook up with an ex that you havnt seen for years, then break up for the same reasons all over again!!!

its so much fun! you can hook up with an ex that you havnt seen for years, then break up for the same reasons all over again!!!

Been there, done that :D

On a side note, I found out a girl I liked from 7th grade to 12th grade would ahve gone out with me if I had asked, and one girl had a crush on me that I didn't know about. Now, 20 years later, not much chance of anything. but the girl I dated 6 years ago was willing to hook up again. I couldn't have been that bad the first time around ;)

Retrosexual, homosexual, bisexual, metrosexual, asexual, zoosexual, phylosexual, plantisexual,necrosexual. What is sexual anymore?
Sexual?

why would I want to hook up with any of those miserable c u next tuesdays... if i wanted to sleep with them I would still be dating them :p

And why would retro mean high tech here? I think picsexual would be more accurate.

Well I have done that before with old flames, but not buy going through facebook though.

Back