Facebook Filters Out Sadness From Your Year In Review Photoset

HardOCP News

[H] News
I don't know why Facebook even bothers trying to do this stuff for you. The company should simply post only the pictures you have selected and leave it at that. That seems like it would be pretty easy to me.

To avoid the same bad feels, Facebook “applied a unique set of filters” to prevent these people from showing up in this year’s stylized vertical card of 10 photos. If the algorithms don’t catch the sad images you can remove, edit or replace any of the 10 automatically chosen in the 2015 Your Year In Review feature.

Or... you could just NOT use Facebook at all. Problem solved.

One have to wonder about people...

Yeah, I don't do Facebook. Unfortunately, my local news paper requires you to sign in with Facebook to be able to comment on articles or 'send a letter to the editor'. There's been a couple of times I almost made an account just to be able to comment on one of their articles or opinion pieces.

I don't want to be labelled, I'm a special snowflake. Yes, every one is special, but in the end that means no one is.

I think I need new glasses. At first the headline looked like, "Facebook Filters Out Sadness From Your Rear ..." and I'm like, "WHAT?!?"

I don't know why Facebook even bothers trying to do this stuff for you. The company should simply post only the pictures you have selected and leave it at that. That seems like it would be pretty easy to me.

The company doesn't post ANYTHING until you click "Share". You click the link for Year In Review if you want to see it, and it then provides 10 suggested photos. You can then hit "Edit" to change them. When you are done, you then click "Share" (or close out and nothing gets posted).

If you browse to pick your own 10, you are still going to see the same "depressing" images, so that solution solves nothing. :confused: If you don't want to even risk looking back at photos from the year, then don't even click the link. Problem solved.

This is a really stupid complaint.

Or... you could just NOT use Facebook at all. Problem solved.

One have to wonder about people...

I pulled the eject handle over a year ago now when it was clear that FB had been filtering my feed. Tried an experiment looking at my profile feed from various friends feeds and it was curious what the saw and did not see.

I use facebook. Oh wow, I am not on the Facebook hate bandwagon, quick jump all over me about that. :D I do not really have much up there but it does make it easier to stay in touch with folks I do not see much or may have a question for. Oh well, I guess Windows 10 as my primary host OS and using facebook makes me an outlier here. :)

I use facebook. Oh wow, I am not on the Facebook hate bandwagon, quick jump all over me about that. :D I do not really have much up there but it does make it easier to stay in touch with folks I do not see much or may have a question for. Oh well, I guess Windows 10 as my primary host OS and using facebook makes me an outlier here. :)

No I use FB a lot ... it is a convenient tool to keep in touch with family and friends who live overseas or at very long distances ... companies have now started using FB for most of their news feeds so it is a convenient way to get updates from TV stations or magazines or favorite websites .... I think the haters just feel more self entitled joy from complaining about FB than those of us who actually use it feel from having to defend it and ourselves :cool:

Back