Facebook Delivering More High Quality Content In News Feed

HardOCP News

[H] News
I don't know about you but I think Facebook and I have a very different definition of "high quality content."

Today's update to News Feed ranking recognizes that people want to see more relevant news and what their friends have to say about it. Why are we doing this? Our surveys show that on average people prefer links to high quality articles about current events, their favorite sports team or shared interests, to the latest meme. Starting soon, we’ll be doing a better job of distinguishing between a high quality article on a website versus a meme photo hosted somewhere other than Facebook when people click on those stories on mobile. This means that high quality articles you or others read may show up a bit more prominently in your News Feed, and meme photos may show up a bit less prominently.

Wonder if this affects the constant relentless assault of baby photos and dogs with sunglasses.

This is getting ridiculous. Tell me that shareholders don't ruin everything, go ahead.

I consider 3rd party links and articles to be one of Facebook's main problems. My newsfeed is filled with unoriginal junk being posted from like buttons on websites and facebook pages.

I guess by high quality, they mean.... if I "like" or comment on something from a non-person site item in my news feed, they POP UP a bunch of "These things are like that thing that you might like because we get paid if you go so please do and oh yeah, sorry for all the fucking crap spewed on your computer screen sir."

Facebook has proven that yes, someone CAN out pace Microsoft in it's level of suck, with a vengeance.

WTF is a meme photo exactly?

rCvkv6J.jpg

What facebook needs is a Snopes fact checker link next to the post button.

Back