Facebook Co-Founder Donates $20M To Elect Presidential Candidate

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like we know where the billionaire co-founder of Facebook stands on the election. What do you guys think about these billionaires being able to influence elections by dropping tens of millions of dollars on the candidate of their choice?

Moskovitz acknowledges that some people will look unfavorably on such a large donation made to one political party and candidate. The conversation around campaign finance reform has been heated this election cycle; many voters and politicians are dissatisfied with existing rules that allow large donations to individual candidates' campaigns.

"This decision ends the monopoly on political influence enjoyed by the liberal media, by granting to other corporations the same unlimited political spending rights that the media already have—which is why liberals deplore this ruling."

Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission - Conservapedia

"Conservapedia" yeah I'm sure they have no agenda... Love the "Liberal media" quote. If the mainstream media was so liberal why wouldn't they have shut down HRC and there be a bigger push for Sanders or Jill Stien?

"Conservapedia" yeah I'm sure they have no agenda... Love the "Liberal media" quote. If the mainstream media was so liberal why wouldn't they have shut down HRC and there be a bigger push for Sanders or Jill Stien?

Namblacrats who dispute the liberal bias in the mainstream media are like neo-nazis who deny the Holocaust. Love that implication that there's a huge difference between Hillary and Bernie/Jill.

Is anyone wondering why all the 1% of the 1% are throwing their money around like this? I find Trump personally deplorable, however the fact that the Republicans, Democrats, and Ultra Rich are trying to bring him down leads me to believe that Checks and Balances may actually be restored to government and the cronyism and status quo set on fire; and long overdue. Most assuredly to be replaced with some new kind of bullshit, perhaps worse; who knows.

Is anyone wondering why all the 1% of the 1% are throwing their money around like this? I find Trump personally deplorable, however the fact that the Republicans, Democrats, and Ultra Rich are trying to bring him down leads me to believe that Checks and Balances may actually be restored to government and the cronyism and status quo set on fire; and long overdue. Most assuredly to be replaced with some new kind of bullshit, perhaps worse; who knows.
That makes sense, except that it doesn't make any sense at all.

Instead of going off on a rant, I'll just ask a simple Socratic question: Which current major party presidential candidate donated $100,000 (via a "charitable foundation") to the Citizens United Foundation?

Namblacrats who dispute the liberal bias in the mainstream media are like neo-nazis who deny the Holocaust. Love that implication that there's a huge difference between Hillary and Bernie/Jill.

"namblacrats"... Yup there is no point in continuing any conversation with you at all. If you think that there is no difference between HRC an Jill then you really guzzle the kool-aid

That's exactly it. Trump is a political unicorn - a candidate who cannot be bought, and the ego to refuse it if anyone tried. He pulled the Republican party to a more populist movement which is where it is likely to stay if he wins. Most of the globalist shills in the Republican party bailed on him and are quietly contributing to Hillary's campaign (including the Koch's of all people), which goes to show you just how in cahoots all these globalists are, and how they use identity politics to keep us fighting with each other so they can run off with all the cash.

Anyone who has been following this election close from the beginning has been woke to how the whole system is rigged for globalists. Look at the country from 1989 until now, and ignore the political parties, and you see a trend all in the same direction and the same fiscal and war policies, to the point where if you just were a foreigner who went by record and had no idea who was in power, you would have thought the same person was president for the last 27 years.

And along comes Trump, who I admit, I hated and did not take seriously AT ALL at first. The egomanic Reality TV star who parades around in gold apartments with exchangeable trophy wives? Pfft.

Then came the #BernOut and #DNCExit, where we found out just how corrupt the DNC was, how we were RIGHT and finally had PROOF that the DNC rigged the elections and cheated to beat Bernie, and you should have seen how the Bernie people turned and exposed how the DNC installed white noise machines to keep us quiet and moved us to the back of the theater while PAID schills hired off of craigslist (and we saw the article before it got taken down - $50 a seat) to fill our spots, and we saw our champion SELL OUT. Bernie had 10 million supporters who were now empowered that their voice matters, but had nowhere to go, but were still intent on making our voices heard this election.

Enter Trump.

Suddenly, with Johnson towing the globalist line, Trump gets another look, albeit not serious at first. But then you hear him speak at one of his bajillion rallies (he practically seems to hold 3 a day while Hillary is in hiding), and you realize the person the media portrayed, that you believed him to be, is a lie. It's a lie because you now hear from the man himself what he's after, and true to populism and even some of the libertarian movement, you find out he wants everyone treated equally. He reaches out to blacks and latinos. He's reached out to LBGTQ before. He's going to the people who have always just mindlessly voted Democrat because "that's what you do" or they think "Republicans are racist" and says "well, I'm not. Here I am in Detroit in a black church, speaking. Here I am where people who lost manufacturing jobs, speaking. I want all americans safe and happy, to have jobs, lower taxes, and protected from open borders, and the Federal Bank needs greater oversight and far less control powers." (By the way, irony of ironies, do you know Mexico has the same immigration policy that Trump is now pushing?)

There is a huge difference between the narrative the media is pushing (and by the way, WikiLeaks already exposed emails of the DNC telling CNN, MSNBC and Time Warner what to cover and what not to), and what the man really is.

Really, the big assist on waking up to all of this goes to WikiLeaks - the stuff they've exposed has millennials thinking differently about politics, not in a R vs D, but a Populism vs the Corporate Globalist machine. It's why you have right now Trump polling higher than any republican in a long damn time with blacks. It's why his rallies end up with thousands, with more getting turned away at the door.

At this point I know I sound like a shill for trump, I get it. But somewhere along the way, just listening to what he has to say directly from him and not from some media soundbite with an agenda, he won me over - a skeptic who thought he was just some egomaniacal reality loon when this whole thing started.

It just seems like delicious irony that conservatives responsible for Citizens United are now crying foul.

Seems like they wanted unlimited money in politics, but only for THEIR party :p

Actually, the Democrats are the ones crying foul and trying to get it overturned.

Actually, the Democrats are the ones crying foul and trying to get it overturned.

Well, actually it seems to be widely panned across the political spectrum. I think initially the right thought that it would bring "balance" to the process but ultimately all it did was make rich people to openly bribe politicians.

Um, what? He is polling very poorly with african americans, lower than romney.

Don't buy that media tripe:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sites/default/files/media/2016/09/06/FPU-BH-090416-Tables.pdf

The poll's demographic breakdown showed that by combining voters who were "very favorable" and "somewhat favorable" to Trump, the billionaire developer got a positive rating from 35 percent of Hispanics and 24 percent of African-Americans.
  • 18.4 percent of Hispanics rated him "very favorable;"
  • 16.4 percent of Hispanics rated him "somewhat favorable."
Among black voters:

• 10.5 percent rated Trump "very favorable;"
  • 13.3 percent rated Trump "somewhat favorable."

I don't think Romney even cracked 5% of black vote.

The problem is that these mega corporations making donations is not out of any sense of altruism or ideology, its simply a matter of promoting their interests and they expect to get EVERY dollar back on that return on investment, and then some.

That's how you end up with businesses that are so called "too big to fail" and get bailouts, and special treatment, and exclusive contracts, and laws in their favor that harm competition, because they fill the pockets of the politicians that use the government resources and power in their favor.

Its pure corruption, and crooked Hillary is certainly the most egregious example we've seen of this to date.

The problem is that these mega corporations making donations is not out of any sense of altruism or ideology, its simply a matter of promoting their interests and they expect to get EVERY dollar back on that return on investment, and then some.

That's how you end up with businesses that are so called "too big to fail" and get bailouts, and special treatment, and exclusive contracts, and laws in their favor that harm competition, because they fill the pockets of the politicians that use the government resources and power in their favor.

Its pure corruption, and crooked Hillary is certainly the most egregious example we've seen of this to date.

Agreed - she is flagrant about it and flaunting it. Like she knows she owns enough people that she will never be prosecuted.

It just seems like delicious irony that conservatives responsible for Citizens United are now crying foul.

Seems like they wanted unlimited money in politics, but only for THEIR party :p

It's weird that the democrats want it gone... but they pull the same shit...

Agreed - she is flagrant about it and flaunting it. Like she knows she owns enough people that she will never be prosecuted.
And she's right. She housed an illegal private server with classified material in order to conduct her affairs "off the books", and the White House prevented the FBI from conducting a no-knock raid to retrieve the evidence.

Worse yet, they then issued a request to preserve the evidence and turn over the server, and not only did they fail to do so in a timely fashion, but their IT support reported that they were ordered to use drive bleaching tools to delete data after they were already made aware that all data was to be preserved.

And after all of this, along with the contents of her emails incriminating her, and numerous witnesses against her end up dead in extremely suspicious circumstances, what do they do? She gets off scott-free, and not only doesn't go to jail, but is still in the running for the government's highest office. Its mind boggling.

That's $20mil vote vouchers! He can cash those in at a future date to write some legislation.

Seriously, as much as they say they don't like it, the chance a politician will work to overturn Citizen United is slim because it's in their interest to not do so. It's one of those things where the representative system does not work. Our reps should not be able to vote for things that affect their own jobs - such as pay raises, vacation days, and funding resources. There's a massive conflict of interest there and maybe if their pay schedule was taken out of their hands, they'd start to actually work/compromise.

Don't buy that media tripe:.
Which is what trump supporters normally say, despite evidence to the contrary. (He was polling at about 0% in the last poll I saw).

Both Trump and Clinton are awful candidates, no matter what side you lean on.

Among black voters:

• 10.5 percent rated Trump "very favorable;"
  • 13.3 percent rated Trump "somewhat favorable."

I don't think Romney even cracked 5% of black vote.

I seriously doubt that the most powerful proponent of Obama birtherism is going to do that well with blacks. He has been using surrogates to walk that back some in recent days but then Giuliani was going around yesterday saying that Trump picked that up from Hillary, and there's like no credible proof of that. While there's hours and hours of Trump promoting the idea that he currently "just doesn't talk about".

I hate politics, guys. I'm so sick of seeing this shit on my Facebook feed every day that I had to quit using Facebook until November - and seeing it on here is even worse. Hillary Clinton is a criminal that deserves to be slapped in a prison cell and Donald Trump should have been kicked out of the race for being an idiot a long time ago. The fact that either of these people are our presidential nominees shows how flawed our two party system is and even the best possible third party ticket in the world (which clearly isn't the case) wouldn't be able to do jack shit against Hillary and her campaign of flooding donations from every banking entity on Wall Street.

Both Trump and Clinton are awful candidates, no matter what side you lean on.

I have a lot of respect for Hillary. For a woman that's as evil and supposedly corrupt to get where she is while holding at bay a powerful movement against for her 25 years, that's impressive. The way I see it given the state of the country today, Jesus Christ would be a polarizing political figure, there's just no way around that no matter who you are. I simply think Hillary is far better to deal with current circumstances than anyone else running and isn't a complete idiot.

Um, what? He is polling very poorly with african americans, lower than romney.

Seriously, when was the last time you actually answered/picked up the phone when you got a call from an unfamiliar number ESPECIALLY during election season? :cool:

Back