Facebook Closed 583M Fake Account in Q1'18

Discussion in '[H]ard|OCP Front Page News' started by Kyle_Bennett, May 15, 2018.

1. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett El Chingón Staff Member

I was on Facebook today and I found out my mom was not even real. Then she linked me to some website that phished me. Thanks mom, and cageymaru.

In its first quarterly Community Standards Enforcement Report, Facebook said the overwhelming majority of moderation action was against spam posts and fake accounts: it took action on 837m pieces of spam, and shut down a further 583m fake accounts on the site in the three months. But Facebook also moderated 2.5m pieces of hate speech, 1.9m pieces of terrorist propaganda, 3.4m pieces of graphic violence and 21m pieces of content featuring adult nudity and sexual activity.

2. gigaxtreme1

gigaxtreme1 2[H]4U

Please close my account too.

3. captaindiptoad

captaindiptoad Limp Gawd

Friends account was suspended for "inciting hate speech"

All he did all day was share shit people posted to see what others would think......

fuck off facebook

Viper16 likes this.
  4. P4B

P4B Limp Gawd

they didnt close any of my extra accounts

5. katanaD

katanaD Gawd

LOL.. only the adult nudity?? i like how they make that distinction, yet dont mention how much child nudity they removed, which can lead one to think.. they didnt.

6. Nunu

Nunu Limp Gawd

I thought InstaSnap was the thing for nudity, not facebook, In any case, they should close it all down.

7. Guarana [BAWLS]

Guarana [BAWLS] I am THAT Stupid

No, that's usually the stuff they have to direct the police / FBI to. (Cuz once it's on FB, it's crossing state lines.)

The adult nudity isn't illegal, so it's very different.

Tags: