Facebook Changes Stock Structure, No IPO Coming

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to a statement from Facebook, the company is introducing a new stock structure so that it can "continue to focus on the long-term." For those of you thinking an “IPO” is in the works, Facebook’s CEO vehemently denies any plans to go public at this time.

"Facebook is a private company so we don't typically share details on stock-related matters," the Palo Alto, California-based company said in a statement. But the firm said it introduced a dual-class stock structure "because existing shareholders wanted to maintain control over voting on certain issues to help ensure the company can continue to focus on the long-term to build a great business."

What can I say, he's and IDIOT for not going with the IPO. He could be a quad zillionaire! Sell now before Facebook is no more.

What can I say, he's and IDIOT for not going with the IPO. He could be a quad zillionaire! Sell now before Facebook is no more.
Really? Where's facebook going? Just how is it starting to fade? Or are you thinking of twitter? He obviously isn't interested in being a quad zillionaire.

Maybe I was thinking of Twitter. All these new hip things on the intertubes look the same to me :)

I don't really see Facebook going anywhere any time soon considering most students I see in-class with laptops, 80-90% of them are on Facebook. :p

I don't really see how Facebook would benefit from the extra capital in any way that would outweigh the cost of losing control of part of the company that isnt going away any time soon. Except getting super rich, quick, that is.

I don't really see Facebook going anywhere any time soon considering most students I see in-class with laptops, 80-90% of them are on Facebook. :p

yes, but the people who are using it are very fickle, sheepish "consumers" that will flock to the next new thing if for no other reason that to say that they are using it. Something "new and exciting" will come along to replace it in the coming years, mark my words, Facebook is a fad

yes, but the people who are using it are very fickle, sheepish "consumers" that will flock to the next new thing if for no other reason that to say that they are using it. Something "new and exciting" will come along to replace it in the coming years, mark my words, Facebook is a fad

Is this supposed to be profound? I thought it was common sense.

Go and tell your business professor your profound view of business. Every time I see a product or service go away, I'll think of you. Consider your words marked.

I still think it's hilarious to see the word sheep/sheepish/sheeple used as it's increasingly the flavor of the day. Can we say....faddish? Damn people for using a useful service! I'd rather we all use separate, disconnected underground networks to communicate on! :D

Back