Facebook CEO Promises to Eat Only What He Kills

HardOCP News

[H] News
It's funny, most of us spend our lives working our fingers to the bone, just so we don't have to kill chickens, pigs, goats and d-bag billionaires with our own hands. :rolleyes:

This year his task is a bit heavier: he plans to only eat meat from animals he himself has killed. The 27-year-old entrepreneur insists that he's not doing it out of bloodlust either, he simply wants to take a greater role in his eating habits. The first step of his year-long journey was dispatching a lobster. He then moved up to larger prey, including chickens, pigs, and goats.

""He cut the throat of the goat with a knife, which is the most kind way to do it," notes the award-winning cuisine queen. "

Umm, no, its not.

Ugh I fucking hate him. Hes a douche who doesn't deserve to be in the news.

""He cut the throat of the goat with a knife, which is the most kind way to do it," notes the award-winning cuisine queen. "

Umm, no, its not.
How would you kill it? shoot it in the head, its skull is designed for butting a .22 would prolly just wound it.

To add most goats i've seen butchered are hung upside down and than sliced at the throat.

Wow, he's a bigger total sadistic cock than I imagined, a bullet through the skull is far more humane and instant, than cutting the poor animals throat, and watching it thrash around for a couple of minutes.

Kind of silly. Although I think everyone who like a good hamburger should kill something they're going to eat and butcher it themselves at some point in their lives. People are too disconnected from where their food comes from and what's involved.

Damn the lack of edit and responses while I'm typing, side of the skull, or through the spinal column, are surely a better point for a bullet to be more effective than cutting it's throat.

How would you kill it? shoot it in the head, its skull is designed for butting a .22 would prolly just wound it.

Well since a .22 is not a powerful gun at all I wouldn't doubt that. Though I have found that several people do have success with .22's on goats (and some report failure). Others use pistol's or shotguns (gruesome but extremely effective.

I will say that a lot of people relate the throat slitting to that of 'falling into a deep sleep' for the animal, though I am entirely unsure that this is true as it would still take longer and be more painful than a bullet to the brain.

Kind of silly. Although I think everyone who like a good hamburger should kill something they're going to eat and butcher it themselves at some point in their lives. People are too disconnected from where their food comes from and what's involved.

I agree completely.

Well since a .22 is not a powerful gun at all I wouldn't doubt that. Though I have found that several people do have success with .22's on goats (and some report failure). Others use pistol's or shotguns (gruesome but extremely effective.

I will say that a lot of people relate the throat slitting to that of 'falling into a deep sleep' for the animal, though I am entirely unsure that this is true as it would still take longer and be more painful than a bullet to the brain.

Why ruin the brain though? Many people eat it, and you also ruin the skull. My grandfather owns/operates a meat market its how most animals are slaughtered on the farm.

Cows are a different story.

I like how Zuck hate has turned into a discussion of the finer points of slaughtering animals.

He's working his way up to humans, by the way.

How exactly is he going to eat peoples privacy, realistic view of their social lives and free time? :confused:

I don't see the issue at all, the first time I killed a pig it was scary as shit but it had to be done. I don't visit my grandfather often but when I do, its nice to see the ranch way of living. And you appreciate the food more imo.

I would need one of those bolt gun things because I would still be killing cows lol

You know, I was going to defend the guy to intentionally use him as an example of natural human evolution (technology might have advanced but we haven't as much) to explain that once you have your life problems solved your natural instinct kicks in and you want to do primal stuff.
That was until I read this paragraph:
"After slaughtering each animal Zuckerberg sends the meat off for processing, and upon return, he and his girlfriend cook it themselves, making sure to use every last bit. And during his numerous restaurant trips (being CEO of a huge corporation means frequent lunch meetings), Zuckerberg doesn't forget his pledge; if he can't be the one to provide the meat, he orders strictly off the vegetarian menu."

This guy's is not an asshole. He's a clown.

lol at people thinking your a sadistic self centered asshole for doing the most absolute natural and neccassary action on this planet.

Next you guys will be rabble rabble about the fact that babies are born naked and how sick and disgusting that is.

How many of you can walk outside, pick up 2 sticks and start a fire? Think about where we are going.

Read the article, he's just killing them. No actual labor involved. He's a pussy.

lol at people thinking your a sadistic self centered asshole for doing the most absolute natural and neccassary action on this planet.

Next you guys will be rabble rabble about the fact that babies are born naked and how sick and disgusting that is.

How many of you can walk outside, pick up 2 sticks and start a fire? Think about where we are going.

Read the article, and my posts.

Why ruin the brain though? Many people eat it, and you also ruin the skull. My grandfather owns/operates a meat market its how most animals are slaughtered on the farm.

Cows are a different story.

Valid point, though it does not really address my point of cutting the throat in fact not being the most kind way to slaughter it.

To kill it much faster and still save the brain you could use a guillotine I would think. Does anybody use those? (I'm curious)

Valid point, though it does not really address my point of cutting the throat in fact not being the most kind way to slaughter it.

To kill it much faster and still save the brain you could use a guillotine I would think. Does anybody use those? (I'm curious)

Too much risk involved. Maybe Zuckenberg will.

How would you slaughter it than without having parts of the body/meat not edible. The point is to use every part of the animal, slicing its throat is going to be best way to preserve the meat, hide, bones, everything.

I don't see the issue at all, the first time I killed a pig it was scary as shit but it had to be done. I don't visit my grandfather often but when I do, its nice to see the ranch way of living. And you appreciate the food more imo.

Exactly. I grew up on a farm and killing an animal for food is a way of life for some. As if hunting deer is much different, a lot of times its not an instant kill, so you gotta track it and finish it off. Not so much different really.

I hope he limits himself to quails: Killing and eating a whole goat "to the last bits" would take some stomach.
Stupid Judeo-Christian mix of guilt and salvation about eating meat and killing animals, his billions went to his mind.

Exactly. I grew up on a farm and killing an animal for food is a way of life for some. As if hunting deer is much different, a lot of times its not an instant kill, so you gotta track it and finish it off. Not so much different really.

If he actually did the whole thing I would agree. But just killing the animal for kicks sounds sadistic. Also if he kept the animals, fed them and clear their shit I would respect it. The article is pretty lame in describing the details. But based on the last paragraph it looks as if he's just doing the killing part. Given, he has to deal with blood and all that. And that can easily be attributed to sadism/getting off on animal suffering more than actually learning how to be a real provider. In conclusion, learning to be a provider requires much more manhood than just slicing a throat and dealing with the blood, etc and to be honest this guy reminds me of Caligula. At least that's how the media portrays him.

It's worth reading about the industrial revolution and, y'know, division of labour.

Unless you think he should also not update his Facebook status using a computer whose CPU he didn't personally design. :)

I would need one of those bolt gun things because I would still be killing cows lol

It worked for this guy:

1207982893936.gif

What a fuck-stick.
Like I care what this idiot does for supper.

I don't see why so many people are making a fuss here. Only eating what he kills, despite the fact that he doesn't process the carcass himself (Which btw is a huge pain in the ass), will bring him closer to understanding and appreciating the gravity of killing animals for consumption. This is totally something I would do, if I had the $$ to raise some of the more expensive livestock. And even then, twice a year I spend a few days at my Parents to help my father kill and process the beef and pork that both he and I eat all year.

As far as humane slaughtering, cutting the throat is the best way. Doing it this way cuts all of the major arteries between the brain and the heart, cutting off the blood source instantly. This results in an almost immediate sedation. Putting a bullet in the head is risky because not only is there the chance that it will miss vital parts and put the animal through severe pain while it bleeds out, there's also the chance that it could hit some vital parts, but not 'life' vital, driving the animal into a frezy that injures everyone around it.

I'm really surprised so many people failed to think this process out before jumping on the hate the billionaire bandwagon.

Lots of nerd rage in here. So the guy wants to kill for his own food. I'll let you guys in on a secret: farmers do the same thing.

Shocking! I know!

Do yourselves a favor and read up on how humane that cow your hamburger became was treated before heading to the slaughter house.

I don't see why so many people are making a fuss here. Only eating what he kills, despite the fact that he doesn't process the carcass himself (Which btw is a huge pain in the ass), will bring him closer to understanding and appreciating the gravity of killing animals for consumption. This is totally something I would do, if I had the $$ to raise some of the more expensive livestock. And even then, twice a year I spend a few days at my Parents to help my father kill and process the beef and pork that both he and I eat all year.

As far as humane slaughtering, cutting the throat is the best way. Doing it this way cuts all of the major arteries between the brain and the heart, cutting off the blood source instantly. This results in an almost immediate sedation. Putting a bullet in the head is risky because not only is there the chance that it will miss vital parts and put the animal through severe pain while it bleeds out, there's also the chance that it could hit some vital parts, but not 'life' vital, driving the animal into a frezy that injures everyone around it.

I'm really surprised so many people failed to think this process out before jumping on the hate the billionaire bandwagon.

I did and was still unsatisfied.

Wow, he's a bigger total sadistic cock than I imagined, a bullet through the skull is far more humane and instant, than cutting the poor animals throat, and watching it thrash around for a couple of minutes.

Its just an animal dude. I know that may be hard for some people to understand, but it is just an animal.

You don't want to just shoot it in the head because it is a lot messier, the bullet can bounce around in the skull and come back out and ruin part of the meat or worse- wound you. And bleeding the animal through a main artery (in the neck) while the animal is alive and the heart is beating is a good way to get excess blood out of the body so it doesn't get into the meat giving it that "gamey taste" everyone bitches about.

I've killed and butchered every common animal but a cow (too big for me to handle alone) and some un-common like raccoon or squirrel. Each animal has a different process that makes your job easier. In the case of the goat, slicing its throat is a very common and useful way of cleaning a goat.

Back