Facebook Blocks Man Named Phuc Dat Bich

I had a facebook acount with the name Nick Gerz... no one ever bothered me. After i year or so deleted the account. I hate farcebook and will never use it.

Australian? Really? If so then I have to say, the parents where not thinking straight when choosing a name for their son.

DuQet40.jpg

i would sue based on discrimination... it's his legal name and the name he was born with... if the government is ok with that name (issuing him id) then so should FB.

The real problem is American's don't see past their borders. It's so obvious that other countries call us out on it.

Also, Facebook clearly failed at handling this issue in a professional mature manner. While I don't know all the circumstances, I am going to safely assume some 23 - 28 year was sitting behind her / his desk and just assumed this was a joke.

How hard would it been to just take a few minutes and double / triple check the situation. I've been seeing these types of names all my life on TV and the Internet, but I guess not some, by not fault of their own, walled off in a bubble culturally starved and lacking young person.

Google used to require you fax them your birth certificate if they thought your name was too uncommon.

This happens to people of all nationalities. But leave it to the public to just claim somebody is being racist.

ATTN: Please avoid the cancer that is Facebook.

Have a nice day!

At one time I worked with a guy who had a state issued license plate on his car that read, "fukdat".

The DMV clerk refused to issue it to him, so he resorted to verbal outrage. He claimed that it was his Muslim name, that it was a silent K, and that it was pronounced "Fudaat".

He is of African American descent, and the overwhelmed clerk caved in and issued it to him.

He wasn't Muslim, he wasn't religious at all. When he told me the story he just laughed and called them a bunch of stupid mofos.

There are plenty of names that are common in America that are hilarious in other languages, this works both ways.

There are plenty of names that are common in America that are hilarious in other languages, this works both ways.

I had a student teacher in French class when I was in high school. Her first name was Cherie. During her study abroad time in France, every time she told people her name, they gave her a look.

In French, she was calling herself "dear" or "sweetie," right down to the spelling. Not shocking since that's how it became a name in English in the first place, but rather embarrassing.

Look what I found at a customer today! A whole friggin barrel of them!

Most of you have seen this already but my boss a long time ago went by "Suki"....this is why:

[IM G]http://www.hardocp.com/images/news/1448310118ZeqhNAerny_1_1.jpg[/IMG]

2 Fun facts, Steve.

In Japanese, "suki" means "friend"

In Russian, "suki" means bitch.

Reminds me of when Microsoft sued a guy called Mike Rowe because he added soft after his name and made a website.

Back