Facebook Answers Calls for a Dislike Button with “Downvote” Feature

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Despite the social media company’s claim that it is “not testing a dislike button,” there is clear evidence that Facebook is working on a downvoting feature for comments. Clicking it would hide a comment and flag it for moderation.

For years, many of Facebook's two-billion users have campaigned for a "dislike" button, a feature which Facebook has repeatedly refused to address. The social network was keen to stamp out any excitement over what many will perceive as an alternative to the "like" button.

This could get interesting, as many people today dislike the truth and reality most of all. So at last they can live in their bubble without any glimpse of reality.

Facebook already has the only needed 'dislike' button. It's called unsubscribe.

I miss this feature of YouTube honestly, nothing more satisfying when a troll or offensive person got his/her comment moderated for too many dislikes.

This could get interesting, as many people today dislike the truth and reality most of all. So at last they can live in their bubble without any glimpse of reality.

Yep, those are the type of people that usually disagree with you because, after all.......... :rolleyes:

Would be nice to see this in this forum. It’s stupid that you can only like a post.
I find that quoting them and then not writing anything of merit in response is a good way to discourage them to post more. Or for a few select here, completely shit on their delusional worldview.

I find that quoting them and then not writing anything of merit in response is a good way to discourage them to post more. Or for a few select here, completely shit on their delusional worldview.

And that's how you get discussion. I can't tell you how often I'll see someone on reddit who makes a post which is down voted significantly without seeing any real response. And just because the community doesn't like what was said, doesn't make it true. I've seen plenty of accurate and factual statements made that were heavily down voted. To me, that's even worse, as now a community is perpetuating falsehoods.

I've seen plenty of accurate and factual statements made that were heavily down voted. To me, that's even worse, as now a community is perpetuating falsehoods.
Yeah, i've come to terms with reddit and its moderation on various subs, especially given their suppression of various subjects in the last two years. news, worldnews, politics are all hilariously slanted; but sorting by controversial usually lets you see some real discussion.

Back