Facebook Adding Ads to the Marketplace

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
You have to hand it to Facebook when it comes to finding a way to make money from the poor saps that use their product. They are adding ads to the Marketplace now and you get to check them out while you're shopping for something from your fellow users. Remember they have your info and they're going to target ads at you once again. Is there anywhere you can go on Facebook that doesn't have ads? I understand the money making motive here, but this seems kind of lame.

Ads from businesses appear alongside other products and services in Marketplace, and extending your ads to Marketplace is easy. By selecting Automatic Placements, your ads can appear across our various placement options such as News Feed, Instagram, Messenger, Audience Network and now, Marketplace.

I'm not sure how this is "lame." I mean, if there's an appropriate place for a company to put ads, it's in a place where people are actively thinking about spending money.

hmm, and here i thought Ad's would already be everywhere for a site that makes its money from ads

well.. and selling the info of its products, users, to anyone willing to pay

Reactions: AK0tA
like this
fb had a commercial last night during American Ninja Warrior telling us how much they respect our privacy and how we need them to communicate in a better way with our families. Their disconnect from reality is mind numbing.

Back