FaceApp Forced to Pull “Racist” Filters That Allow “Digital Blackface”

If this is racist, then so is every game that lets you pick your character's race like Fallout 4 etc. I am not sure if the people complaining about this complained about those games. In general, I am against redefining racism so that it's either so trivial that everything counts as racism or so restrictive that nothing is racist.

So what's what a Black Lightning looks like.

Black_lightning_nowlan.jpg

No. Not you. Ever.

And this is why we can't have fun stuff anymore. Why aren't these folks equally outraged at the carnage in Chicago? What's next, making people play themselves in online RPGs to avoid possible gender/racial/species appropriation?

I'm offended at so many being offended about others taking offense at something so trivial and truly insignificant! /sort-a-sarc

The app itself was barely worth mentioning in the first place and the recoil and vitriol that followed the filtering announcement is just as lacking in its news worthiness because it's still all about nothing,

As others have said, there is certainly more in the world to worry about and deal with than this B.S.!

What's wrong with changing your race in an age where you can change your gender on a whim? Did they call it darkie mode or something? :p
My only conclusion from the backlash to this is that race mixing is racist AF and gender benders are sexist as hell...if the developer had simply called this the redskin app instead of trying to be a edgy racist hipster no one would have given a **** Native Americans included lesson learned.

Let me guess though -- it's only racist if a white person photoshops themselves to look a different color?

Seriously though - in the fucked up age where anyone can identify as a gender neutral hypersexual toaster -- what's stopping me from me from adopting another culture and calling myself <insert race here> oh that's right I'm a white male so anything I say, do, or think is automatically racist right?

You bet your as michael jackson had some sort of visualization plastic surgeon doctor showing him what he will look like after the surgery and skin treatments, so what's the problem with this? I'm really looking forward to the day people realize these SJW's are do nothing busy bodies full of shit.
I hear if you use this app on the old creepy white Michael Jackson he turns into the younger cooler less creepy black one...

Only if we check that i voted for Bush twice.

It's a good thing Obama made him look good, or I doubt you'd want to admit that. W is an idiot. Are you willing to admit you voted for John McCain?

Regardless of whether liberal or conservative, people these days are way too thin skinned and get offended by the silliest crap imaginable.

If something is done with intent to offend, insult or degrade, it is an entirely different matter than something that is done innocently, as humor, as an homage, or simply to draw attention to an issue.
People really need to grow up.
This is my safe space your words are offending me that's my purse...I don't know you...

What's wrong to experiment with that filter on him/herself to see what being in other races looked like?

Whosoever cried "RACIST" are biggest crybabies. They just made our lives less creative!

It's a good thing Obama made him look good, or I doubt you'd want to admit that. W is an idiot. Are you willing to admit you voted for John McCain?
Huh? The point of my post isn't about Obama or McCain but that people throw terms around like libtard and redneck Republican without really knowing who they're talking to.
I didn't vote for McCain so I cannot be willing to admit that.
Also Obama made Bush look good? Do you remember the end of the Bush administration? Bush wasn't good but i liked that him and Obama were civil with each other ever since the election ended. I don't agree with everything they did but i miss that level of civility.

And this is why we can't have fun stuff anymore. Why aren't these folks equally outraged at the carnage in Chicago? What's next, making people play themselves in online RPGs to avoid possible gender/racial/species appropriation?

Every city has carnage, just because lord damp nuts has a hardon for chicago you feel embolden to parrot it.

as a child of the 80's I remember my parents having the Thriller album, with him laying on his side in the white suit on the cover, damn it he was cool AF. Then he slowly lost his mind and started hanging out with little boys and whatnot.

Entertainment and comedy wise though creepy white michael jackson was a gold mine.

I voted for Bill Clinton, George W, Obama, and Gary "What's an Aleppo" Johnson. Don't tell me that I don't vote for idiots. :)

I voted for Bill Clinton, George W, Obama, and Gary "What's an Aleppo" Johnson. Don't tell me that I don't vote for idiots. :)

Let me put it this way: You dont get to be President by being an idiot. That may be the image some individual are projecting but they are not idiots. They are actually quite smart. Yes even our current one no matter how much you hate or despise him is actually quite smart.

Bush just wasnt a very good public speaker (possibly on purpose as he cultivated that image)

On what planet did they think this was a good idea?

It was going to court controversy, no matter how stupid the resulting arguments might be.

On what planet did they think this was a good idea?

It was going to court controversy, no matter how stupid the resulting arguments might be.

It's kind of the reason for the app. Change the way you look with different filters. Always someone that has to ruin the innocent fun for everyone else.

I should get mad at Snapchat for the big nose filter. It's racist against Jews...

Let me put it this way: You dont get to be President by being an idiot. That may be the image some individual are projecting but they are not idiots. They are actually quite smart. Yes even our current one no matter how much you hate or despise him is actually quite smart.

Bush just wasnt a very good public speaker (possibly on purpose as he cultivated that image)

I agree 100%. They got to the highest office in the country. And not by dumb luck.

You can be an idiot if you're placed there and someone else writes your speeches and you never get challenged by the press. Then all you need is decent public speaking skills and the correct identity.

Minutes of the SJW board meeting:

Lets eliminate racism!

YEAH!

Ok, new business.

Well this company is trying to normalize accepting the different apeparance of various races and possibly give people some empathy for those that look different for them.

WHAT? Quick, lets shut that shit down, can't have white people think anything appearing black isn't socially taboo!

Hunh?

You heard me! Equality isn't the end of racism, we must institute an equal, but opposite set of opressions and wrongs to even things out. You best get your shit together on that you nazi.

End of board meeting minutes.

Minutes of the SJW board meeting:

Lets eliminate racism!

YEAH!

Ok, new business.

Well this company is trying to normalize accepting the different apeparance of various races and possibly give people some empathy for those that look different for them.

WHAT? Quick, lets shut that shit down, can't have white people think anything appearing black isn't socially taboo!

Hunh?

You heard me! Equality isn't the end of racism, we must institute an equal, but opposite set of opressions and wrongs to even things out. You best get your shit together on that you nazi.

End of board meeting minutes.

Sadly this is how most of these seem to go. I stand by my original comment: If its ok for someone to want to change their sex or to self identify as a different sex then you should be equally ok with someone self identifying or changing other attributes such as race.

Every city has carnage, just because lord damp nuts has a hardon for chicago you feel embolden to parrot it.

Sorry to bust your bubble but the Chicago carnage was major news long before lord damp nuts became Imperious Leader and many people have asked why the folks that claim to be worried about racial injustice gloss over the problem.

I'm wondering how far into absurdity all of this SJW nonsense is going to go into. At this point, it's far exceeded anything the Onion could come up with. Think about that. An ideological dogma like SJ going so far down into the rabbit hole of absurdity that it is incapable of stopping.

Problem with this is that corporations are so diluted that they cater to the dumbest people now-a-days. So when someone pulls a race/genrder/sexual preference card instead of standing firm and pushing back a little they fold like origami and give in to the idiocy.

I'm wondering how far into absurdity all of this SJW nonsense is going to go into. At this point, it's far exceeded anything the Onion could come up with. Think about that. An ideological dogma like SJ going so far down into the rabbit hole of absurdity that it is incapable of stopping.

Yep, the warriors aren't protecting anyone. It's just their own twisted version of torches and pitchforks. There is no positive change coming from this approach. It's all just the same thing, directed elsewhere. Socially acceptable hate, I think it boils down to.

For those that don't know who she is, google "Rachel Dolezal" aka confused white woman thinks she's black...and she fooled them for years.

People on both sides of these kinds of issues need to be a lot more real. I'm not upset about these filters, people are going to do what there are going to do. But black face has long been a racist meme long before any of us were born and dislike out if is not some new fangled SJW contraption, the hatred and controversy behind it has ALWAYS been there. Anyone can judge for themselves, there's tons of clips on YouTube of the old acts and cartoons using black face. There's a shit ton of some of the most ugly and virulent racism there all dressed up in black face.

People on both sides of these kinds of issues need to be a lot more real. I'm not upset about these filters, people are going to do what there are going to do. But black face has long been a racist meme long before any of us were born and dislike out if is not some new fangled SJW contraption, the hatred and controversy behind it has ALWAYS been there. Anyone can judge for themselves, there's tons of clips on YouTube of the old acts and cartoons using black face. There's a shit ton of some of the most ugly and virulent racism there all dressed up in black face.

What if some little 8 year old wanted to be his favorite President of all time for Halloween? Little white kid wanted to be President Obama. Sorry kid, that's racist.

With a lot of things these days, people don't look at intent or context. It's completely ignored. I can get a good intent in a shitty context and it be offensive. However, some things have good intent, and are done in a good context. Like a little kid being Obama for Halloween.

Making myself look black or Asian is fun. I enjoyed seeing what it was like. No ill intent, and it wasn't a bad platform to do it on. I'm not sharing the pics saying "look at me, ni@@a!". It's just a good thing.

I see it as a huge overreaction.

What if some little 8 year old wanted to be his favorite President of all time for Halloween? Little white kid wanted to be President Obama. Sorry kid, that's racist.

I'd be a lot more tolerate of that 8 year old than many of his contemporaries.

With a lot of things these days, people don't look at intent or context. It's completely ignored. I can get a good intent in a shitty context and it be offensive. However, some things have good intent, and are done in a good context. Like a little kid being Obama for Halloween.

Making myself look black or Asian is fun. I enjoyed seeing what it was like. No ill intent, and it wasn't a bad platform to do it on. I'm not sharing the pics saying "look at me, ni@@a!". It's just a good thing.

I see it as a huge overreaction.

To fully understand the context of black face you have to know something of its history. It was a tool that wasn't always meant to denigrate but often was. The only point I'm making is that use of a nearly two century old racist meme that's always been controversial is still controversial and indelibly a racist meme. That's just the history of it and it's well documented.

To fully understand the context of black face you have to know something of its history. It was a tool that wasn't always meant to denigrate but often was. The only point I'm making is that use of a nearly two century old racist meme that's always been controversial is still controversial and indelibly a racist meme. That's just the history of it and it's well documented.

Good ole Zwarte Piet.

Back